Analgesics in Mexico
In 2017, retail sales of analgesics saw strong current value growth, driven to a great extent by price increases. This was mostly due to inflationary pressures and a weakening local currency. Currency plays a significant role, as most branded analgesics and/or the active ingredients used to manufacture them locally, are imported. Over the forecast period anticipated economic growth below expectation, increasing inflation, may erode consumer purchasing power, and a further deterioration of the ex...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Mexico report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN MEXICO
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Price Increases Drive the Value of Analgesics in 2017
- Private Label and Generics Have A Stronger Presence
- Specific Positioning and Combination Products Drive Growth of Branded Analgesics
- Competitive Landscape
- Generics and Private Label Challenge the Leading OTC Brands
- Companies Shift Marketing Efforts From TV Advertising To Points of Sale
- Sanofi and Boehringer Ingelheim Finalise A Business Swap in 2017
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Generics and Private Label Continue Gaining Share
- Leading Manufacturers Increasingly Shift Their Marketing Efforts To the Point of Sale
- Changing Lifestyles Drive Growth of Consumer Health Products
- Health and Wellness Concerns Fuel Innovation
- Inflation and Weak Local Currency Impact Prices
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources