Analgesics in Kenya
The Pharmacy and Poisons Board (PPB) is mandated to promote and protect public health by ensuring that medicines, medical devices and other health technologies are safe, efficacious and of acceptable quality. To this effect the government has been carrying out awareness campaigns against self-medication. The PPB is currently ensuring that Kenyans are aware that taking medicine without a health worker’s advice may be highly dangerous even for a minor ailment. More importantly, the improper use of...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Kenya report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN KENYA
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Government Aims To Educate and Warn Consumers Against Self-medication
- Counterfeit Drugs Expected To Remain A Challenge
- Adult Aspirin Expected To Drive Growth
- Competitive Landscape
- Ppb Restricts the Sale of Medicines Containing Codeine
- Parallel Importation of Drugs To Lower Cost of Medication
- International Manufacturers Maintain Lead
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Health Witnesses Stable Growth in 2018
- Potential Taxes on Parallel Imports Expected To Boost Local Manufacturing
- Consumers Educated on Identifying Legitimate Pharmacies Through Sms
- Technology To Be A Major Disruptor in the Supply Chain
- Value Growth Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources