Analgesics in Italy
Analgesics posted modest current value growth in 2018, displaying a slowdown compared to the review period. On the one hand, growth was supported by the increase in stress-related headaches and the trend towards self-medication, leading Italians to treat pain and minor ailments without visiting a doctor. On the other hand, sales development was curbed by the growing concerns over long-term use of analgesics and their side effects, as Italians become increasingly knowledgeable about OTC.
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Italy report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN ITALY
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Increasing Concerns Over Analgesics' Long-term Use and Side Effects Curb Growth
- Italians Seek Gentler Alternatives and Increasingly Opt for Natural Remedies
- Ketoprofen Benefits From Okitask's Performance
- Competitive Landscape
- Aziende Chimiche Riunite Angelini Benefits From High Brand Loyalty
- Bayer Leverages Italians' Growing Demand for Natural Remedies
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Italians' Focus on Long-term Health and Prevention Ensures Steady Growth
- An Increasingly Stressed and Ageing Population Is Shaping Consumer Health Demand
- Domestic Herbal Specialist Aboca Continues To Gain Share in Italy
- OTC Medicines Permitted for Retail Through Online Pharmacies
- Positive Forecast Due To the Trend Towards Wellbeing and Self-medication
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources