Analgesics in Italy
Analgesics in Italy are used to treat pain and inflammation caused by a variety of ailments and natural functions, including headache, migraine, arthritis, acute injuries, menstrual cycle, toothache, rheumatic disease and other musculoskeletal disorders. Over the forecast period, sales growth will remain modest due to the category’s maturity and high penetration; moreover, Italians are expected to seek to reduce or avoid the use of analgesics for long periods, due to concerns over side-effects.
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Italy report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN ITALY
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Maturity and High Penetration Levels To Curb Growth
- Further Opportunities for Ketoprofen in Italy
- Adult Ibuprofen and Topical Analgesics/anaesthetic Remain Italians' Most-preferred Remedies
- Competitive Landscape
- A Highly Concentrated Category Is Led by Angelini and Gsk
- More Emphasis Expected on Specific Positioning
- Private Label's Low Prices Could Attract Consumers
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Solid Growth for Consumer Health in Italy
- Ageing Consumers Keen To Invest in Health and Prevention
- Key Acquisitions Shape New Company Rankings in 2017
- Chemists/pharmacies Remains the Main Channel Thanks To Strong Consumer Trust
- Increasingly Sophisticated Italian Consumers Seek More Natural Products
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources