Analgesics in Ireland
Analgesics will continue to be in strong demand, with consumers leading busier and more stressful lifestyles, and seeking analgesics for pain relief, particularly from tension and headaches. More active consumers are also likely to require more pain relief for injuries. That being said, growth is likely to be marginally slower compared to the review period due to an expected fall in unit prices as a result of competition from generics. Innovation has slowed, with consumers expected to see little...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Ireland report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN IRELAND
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Generics and Private Label Causing Slower Growth
- Topical Analgesics and Adult Ibuprofen To Drive Future Sales
- Consolidation Likely To Hold Off Growth of Generics
- Competitive Landscape
- Nurofen Remains Ireland's Best-selling Analgesic, But Is Coming Under Pressure
- Limited Innovation Restricting Sales
- Brands Under Increased Pressure From Private Label and Generics
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Extreme Weather and Innovation Driving Sales in Consumer Health
- Long, Cold Winter and Hot Summer Create Unprecedented Opportunities in OTC
- Several Pharmaceutical Players Moving To Ireland Due To Brexit
- Growing Focus on Internet Retailing, But Traditional Still Works for Some
- Modest Growth With Opportunities and Threats Following Brexit
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches
- Summary 2 Research Sources