Analgesics in Germany
Analgesics registered a value decline in 2019 as German consumers continued to reduce their usage - a trend that has been visible for some time. Consumers are cautious about the potential adverse side effects of analgesics if used regularly over a long period of time, as warned by the medical establishment and the media. Another reason for the category decline was weather as Germans used to take analgesics in order to fight colds. Consistently mild weather, especially hot summer months in 2019,...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Germany report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Analgesics in Germany
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Analgesics Weakening
- ''ibu'' - Increasingly Germans' Favourite Painkiller
- Regulations' Impact and Growing Consumer Awareness Potential Threats To Further Growth
- Competitive Landscape
- GlaxoSmithKline Remains Leader With Further Boost in 2019
- Dr. Theiss Naturwaren Benefits From the Rise of Ibuprofen
- Analgesics Competition Relatively Consolidated
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Good Overall Performance From Consumer Health in 2019
- Increased Emphasis on Healthy Diet on Top of Regular Exercise
- Competitive Landscape Remains Fragmented With Many Local and Global Players
- Pharmacies Remains the Biggest Channel As E-commerce Continues To Grow
- the Future Consumer Will Be Older and Richer
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventative Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2018-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources