Analgesics in Germany
In 2018, demand for analgesics in Germany remained on an upward trajectory. This can be primarily attributed to the ongoing trend towards self-medication, which is particularly relevant for analgesics. German consumers are more frequently purchasing OTC analgesics to provide quick relief from ailments which cause pain rather than visit a doctor. Products with a specific positioning recorded the strongest growth, particularly combination products which claim to counter several symptoms at once.
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Germany report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN GERMANY
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Analgesics Expected To Record Further Positive Value Growth Over the Forecast Period
- Trend Towards Ibuprofen Expected To Continue Over the Forecast Period
- Regulation and Focus on Prevention Have the Potential To Limit Growth
- Competitive Landscape
- Gsk Consumer Healthcare Strengthens Its Lead in Analgesics
- Bayer Vital Continues To Lose Ground
- Ratiopharm Launches An Innovative Product
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Health Continues To Record Steady Growth
- Growing Health Awareness Helps Support Several Trends
- Focus on Healthy Lifestyles Serves To Intensify Competition
- Internet Retailing Drives Growth in Consumer Health
- Slightly Weaker Performance Expected Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches
- Summary 2 Research Sources