Analgesics in Finland
Analgesics can be sold in the pharmacy channel and the online stores of registered pharmacies. Among various organisations, the Finnish Commerce Federation has actively lobbied for the liberalisation of sales of certain OTC products in grocery retailing. The key areas of lobbying have been analgesics and certain dermatological products (such as antipruritics). Naturally, pharmacists have been strongly against this development, but overall the government has hinted that certain OTC products, name...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Finland report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN FINLAND
- Euromonitor International
- January 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Discussion of Liberalising Analgesics To New Channels Continues
- Added-value Formats and Features Counterbalance the Lowering Effect of Generics
- Switched Naproxen and Triptans Likely To Remain Niche Categories
- Competitive Landscape
- Local Orion Maintains Its Lead Amid Intensifying Competition
- Gsk Consumer Healthcare Increases Its Share by Extending Its Portfolio
- Lower-cost Vitabalans Oy Actively Develops Its Portfolio
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Health and Wellness Trend and Stressful Lifestyles Drive Consumer Health Sales
- the Improving Economy Boosts 2018 Value Sales As Innovative Products Emerge, While Counterbalanced by Intensifying Competition
- Consumer Health Remains Fragmented and Players Present Across All Categories Are Rare
- Consumer Health Products Are Sold Increasingly Online and in the Grocery Channel
- Growth Rates Will Remain Positive, But Slowed Down by Competition and the Maturity of Some Large Categories
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Summary 2 Research Sources