Analgesics in the Czech Republic
Among OTC products, analgesics are among the highest in demand. In the previous year, analgesics experienced considerable growth as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, with both adult and paediatric analgesics performing well. Concerns about COVID-19 led to panic buying in early March and continued stockpiling of certain medicines throughout the first half of 2020. During the third wave of COVID-19 in March 2021 the scenario was quite different, as consumers still had stocks of analgesics, mainly...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Czech Republic report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2016-2020, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2025 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Analgesics in the Czech Republic
- Euromonitor International
- September 2021
- List Of Contents And Tables
- ANALGESICS IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2021 DEVELOPMENTS
- Stockpiling in the early stages of the pandemic negatively impacts sales of analgesics in 2021
- Topical analgesics continue to do well in 2021
- Sanofi retains its lead, supported by its strong reputation and consumer trust
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Stabilisation in consumption patterns expected from 2022 as consumers resume pre-pandemic routines
- Stronger shift towards e-commerce unlikely as Czech consumers show a strong preference for store-based pharmacies
- Paediatric segment expected to see growth for both acetaminophen and ibuprofen
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2017-2021
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2018-2021
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2021-2026
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2021-2026
- CONSUMER HEALTH IN THE CZECH REPUBLIC
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Consumer health in 2021: The big picture
- 2021 key trends
- Competitive landscape
- Retailing developments
- What’s next for consumer health?
- MARKET INDICATORS
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2016-2021
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2016-2021
- MARKET DATA
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2016-2021
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2016-2021
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2017-2021
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2018-2021
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2016-2021
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2021
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2021-2026
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2021-2026
- OTC registration and classification
- Vitamins and dietary supplements registration and classification
- Self-medication/self-care and preventive medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2020-2021
- Summary 2 Research Sources