Analgesics in Costa Rica
As seen across most mass-consumption categories in Costa Rica, top-of-mind recognition, availability and affordable pricing continued to set the pace in local analgesics sales during the 2017-2018 period, particularly in the case of the more-specialised, value-added options found across pharmacies and drugstores. Most OTC analgesics were given point-of-sale activation campaigns, which kept promoting specific brands, as a result of the interaction between manufacturers and store staff/pharmacists...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Costa Rica report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN COSTA RICA
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Brand Recognition, Pricing and Usage Tradition Continue To Set the Pace During 2018
- New Molecular Breakthroughs and Combination Formulas Are Anticipated
- Competitive Landscape
- Traditional International Players Remain Ahead in Value Sales
- Less-traditional Players Including Producers of Local Brands and Generics Keep Gaining Shelf Space
- Scale Logistics and Point-of-sale Loyalty Schemes Are Anticipated To Gain Momentum
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Healthier Lifestyle Approaches Continue To Leverage on New Dietary Trends, Influencing Consumer Health Demand During 2018
- Additional Segmentation and Lower-priced Generics Set the Pace of 2018's Value Sales Performance
- Traditional International Pharmaceuticals Maintain Their Competitive Advantages During 2018
- Distribution Efforts Continue To Target Modern Grocery Retailers and Healthcare Specialists, While Players Make Room for Online Sales Opportunities
- New Lifestyle and Dietary Habits Are Anticipated To Continue Influencing Consumer Health's Performance Over the Forecast Period
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources