Analgesics in Canada
Population ageing and the growing willingness of Canadians to self-medicate for minor aches and pains continued to drive the expansion of the analgesics category in 2019. Demand for analgesics was further bolstered by the fact that Canadians are becoming more likely to maintain physically active lifestyles as they grow older. For example, according to a 2017 study by Statistics Canada, over 40% of Canadians self-reported at least 150 minutes of physical activity per week. This trend, which is ex...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Canada report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Analgesics in Canada
- Euromonitor International
- October 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Canada's Ageing But Increasingly Active Population Bodes Well for Analgesics
- Topical Analgesics/anaesthetic Set To Remain the Fastest Developing Category
- Health Canada Plans To Ban OTC Sales of Products Containing Codeine
- Competitive Landscape
- Joint Venture Gsk Consumer Healthcare Claims Overall Lead in 2019
- Interest in Cannabis-based Analgesics Continues To Rise
- Internet Retailing Remains A Marginal Channel in Analgesics
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 3 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 4 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 5 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Ageing But Increasingly Health-conscious Population Drives Market Expansion
- Categories Tapping Into Multiple Trends Post the Best Results
- Gsk Consumer Healthcare Becomes Overall Market Leader in 2019
- Drugstores/parapharmacies Remains the Dominant Distribution Channel
- Demographic and Lifestyle Trends Will Continue To Fuel Expansion of Consumer Health
- Market Indicators
- Table 7 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 8 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 9 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 11 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 12 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 13 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 14 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 16 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 Research Sources