Analgesics in Canada
Topical analgesics/anaesthetic continued to deliver strong retail value growth, recording the highest increase for 2018. Strong growth is also expected over the forecast period, driven by an ageing but physically active population. Topical analgesics appeal to elderly consumers, who in addition to the aches common to the ageing process, are more physically active than ever, incurring additional muscle and joint paint. Older consumers also seek to avoid any potential side effects of mixing system...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in Canada report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN CANADA
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Topical Analgesics Driven by Ageing Yet Physically Active Population
- Growing Awareness of Health Risks of Acetaminophen Presents Challenges
- Regulatory Changes Including OTC Labelling Requirements May Hamper Growth
- Competitive Landscape
- Large Pharmaceutical Companies Continue To Dominate Landscape
- Private Label Competition From Drugstores Challenges Brand Success
- E-commerce Presents Opportunity and Challenges
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Mature Categories Shaped by Ageing Population Embracing Wellness and Self-care
- 2018 Delivers Mix of Category Dependent Growth Ranging From Static To Dynamic
- Landscape for Consumer Health Remains Fragmented and Competitive
- Pharmacy Industry Consolidates While OTC E-commerce Remains Largely Untapped
- Short-term Uncertainty Ahead As perfect Storm of Regulatory Changes Looms Large
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine Care
- Summary 1 Research Sources