Analgesics in the US
Although the elderly population (defined as aged 65 or above) is growing worldwide, a 2018 report from the US Census Bureau drew renewed attention to the elderly population in the US especially: by the year 2035, adults aged 65 or older will outnumber children for the first time in US history. This report came amidst a tumultuous year for US politics, in which the ageing of America was often a topic of political conversation, especially when it came to healthcare reform and the long-term future...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in USA report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2014-2018, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2023 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN THE US
- Euromonitor International
- February 2019
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- An Ageing Population Pushes Sales of Analgesics
- Wary of Side-effects, Consumers Turn To Topical Analgesics/anaesthetic
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (tens) Offers New Challenges
- Competitive Landscape
- Advil Maintains Its Lead Despite the Competition
- Tylenol's Strong Growth Leads To the Decline of Aleve
- Biofreeze Drives Growth in Topical Analgesics/anaesthetic
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- Executive Summary
- Players Innovate To Follow Consumers' Changing Lifestyles
- Positive Growth in 2018, Although at A Slower Pace
- A Fragmented Competitive Environment
- the Move Towards Internet Retailing
- Continued Growth for Consumer Health, Despite Maturity and Concern About Changes
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2013-2018
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2013-2018
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2013-2018
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2013-2018
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2018
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2018
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2013-2018
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2018
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2018-2023
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2018-2023
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements (vds) Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches
- Summary 2 Research Sources