Analgesics in the US
Demand for analgesics in the US remains steady as consumers look to treat ailments such as headaches, minor aches and pains and fever. The occurrence of these conditions is determined by many factors, including the increasing prevalence of chronic conditions such as cancer, obesity and heart disease. Corresponding with the rise of these conditions is the ageing of the US population. According to Euromonitor International’s estimates, those aged 65 and above accounted for 14% of the country’s pop...
Euromonitor International's Analgesics in USA report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Systemic Analgesics, Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Analgesics market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- ANALGESICS IN THE US
- Euromonitor International
- November 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Category Benefits From the Country's Ageing Population
- Topical Analgesics/anaesthetic Appeal To More Active Consumers
- Potential Side-effects Can Dictate Consumer Demand for Different Types of Analgesic
- Competitive Landscape
- Aleve Provides No Relief for Bayer
- Strongest Performing Players Reflect Shift To Topical Products
- Category Data
- Table 1 Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 3 Sales of Topical Analgesics/Anaesthetic by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of Analgesics: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of Analgesics by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Consumer Health Products Remain Popular in the US As Lifestyles and Demographics Dictate the Success of Various Categories
- Changing Lifestyles Provide A Roadmap for Success in Consumer Health
- Competition Is Fierce in A Fragmented Consumer Health Market
- the Power of the Internet Derives From Convenience, Choice and Customisation
- the Health Conditions Which Accompany Ageing Are Central To Future Demand
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2012-2017
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2012-2017
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2012-2017
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2012-2017
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2014-2017
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2012-2017
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2017
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2017-2022
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2017-2022
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2016-2017
- Summary 2 Research Sources