Airlines in Japan
Airlines are expected to see 1% growth in both current value sales and number of passengers in 2017. This followed on from 2% current value decline in 2016, despite 1% growth in passenger numbers. Trends were impacted by the removal of fuel surcharges in April 2016, which encouraged many to travel abroad more frequently. In addition, some outbound travellers switched from higher-priced long-haul flights to European destinations due to concerns over a rise in terrorist incidents. Instead many opt...
Euromonitor International's Airlines in Japan report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest market size data 2012-2016, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new legislative, technology or pricing issues. Background information on disposable income, annual leave and holiday taking habits is also included. Forecasts to 2021 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Airlines Offline, Airlines Online, Charter, Low Cost Carriers, Scheduled Airlines.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
- Get a detailed picture of the Airlines market;
- Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
- Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
- Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- AIRLINES IN JAPAN
- Euromonitor International
- October 2017
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- Category Data
- Table 1 Airlines Sales: Value 2012-2017
- Table 2 Airlines Online Sales: Value 2012-2017
- Table 3 Airlines: Passengers Carried 2012-2017
- Table 4 Airlines NBO Company Shares: % Value 2013-2017
- Table 5 Low Cost Carriers Airlines Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2017
- Table 6 Schedule Airlines Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2017
- Table 7 Forecast Airlines Sales: Value 2017-2022
- Table 8 Forecast Airlines Online Sales: Value 2017-2022
- Executive Summary
- Recovery After Poor 2016 Due To Earthquakes and Strengthening Yen
- Mobile Travel Sales Soar But Older Japanese Remain Cautious
- Loyalty Programmes Continue To Shape Purchasing Decisions
- Short-term Rentals Set To Soar Thanks To Relaxed Regulation
- Stronger Growth Ahead in Forecast Period
- Summary 1 Destination Japan: SWOT
- Market Data
- Table 9 Annual Leave: Volume 2012-2017
- Table 10 Travellers by Age: Number of People 2012-2017
- Table 11 Seasonality: Number of People 2012-2017
- Table 12 Leisure Outbound Demographics: Number of Trips 2012-2017
- Table 13 Other Transport Sales: Value 2012-2017
- Table 14 Other Transport Online Sales: Value 2012-2017
- Table 15 Forecast Other Transport Sales: Value 2017-2022
- Table 16 Forecast Other Transport Online Sales: Value 2017-2022
- Table 17 Activities: Value 2012-2017
- Table 18 Forecast Activities: Value 2017-2022
- Summary 2 Research Sources