Airlines in Greece
Due to high airport fees at Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” (AIA), Ryanair shut down its Athens base in October 2022. The airline withdrew two aircraft between October 29th to March 31st, leading to a reduction of scheduled flights from 29 to 10 in this period. The decline in flights together with fierce competition from Wizz Air, resulted in a decline in Ryanair’s share in 2022.
Euromonitor International's Airlines in Greece report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest market size data 2018-2022, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. It identifies the leading companies and offers strategic analysis of key factors influencing the market - be they new legislative, technology or pricing issues. Background information on disposable income, annual leave and holiday taking habits is also included. Forecasts to 2027 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: Airlines Offline, Airlines Online, Ancillary Revenue, Domestic Airlines, International Airlines, Non-Scheduled Carriers, Passenger Revenue, Scheduled Airlines.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the Airlines market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
- Airlines in Greece
- Euromonitor International
- September 2023
- List Of Contents And Tables
- AIRLINES IN GREECE
- KEY DATA FINDINGS
- 2023 DEVELOPMENTS
- Ryanair loses retail value share as it closes Athens base
- Sky Express posts strong growth in passenger flows and revenue
- PROSPECTS AND OPPORTUNITIES
- Domestic airlines set to gain share due to high cost of ferry travel
- Aegean Airlines and Sky Express set to gain share
- CATEGORY DATA
- Table 1 Airlines Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 2 Airlines Online Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 3 Airlines: Passengers Carried 2018-2023
- Table 4 Airlines NBO Company Shares: % Value 2018-2022
- Table 5 Non-Scheduled Carriers Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2023
- Table 6 Low Cost Carriers Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2023
- Table 7 Full Service Carriers Brands by Key Performance Indicators 2023
- Table 8 Forecast Airlines Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 9 Forecast Airlines Online Sales: Value 2023-2028
- TRAVEL IN GREECE
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Travel in 2023
- Airlines: Key trends
- Hotels: Key trends
- Booking: Key trends
- What next for travel?
- MARKET DATA
- Table 10 Surface Travel Modes Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 11 Surface Travel Modes Online Sales: Value 2018-2023
- Table 12 Forecast Surface Travel Modes Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 13 Forecast Surface Travel Modes Online Sales: Value 2023-2028
- Table 14 In-Destination Spending: Value 2018-2023
- Table 15 Forecast In-Destination Spending: Value 2023-2028
- Summary 1 Research Sources