World Cigarettes - UAE 2014
“Cigarettes in UAE” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which UAE Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Legitimate market volume is estimated at 4.4 billion pieces in 2013 which is 110.6% above 1990 levels, with overall market volume, including contraband, estimated at 6.25 billion pieces.
- There are reported to be 15 cigarette manufacturers located in the UAE's free zones. Production was estimated to have risen to a peak of 29.2 billion pieces in 2010 but dropped to 19.87 billion pieces in 2012, although no official figures are released.
- Per capita consumption is forecast down by 29.9% between 2013 and 2023 to 564 pieces. Total sales will stand at 3,870 million pieces in 2023, 12% down on 2013 levels.
Reasons To Buy
- “Cigarettes in UAE” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in UAE.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across UAE. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in UAE.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in UAE along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across UAE, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
- Market Size
- Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
- Legal v Contraband Cigarette Sales, 2004-2013
- Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
- Market Structure
- Manufacturers & Brands
- Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2002-2014
- Taxation & Retail Prices
- Retail Prices
- The Smoking Population
- Smoking Population, 1990-2013
- Dubai: Smoking Incidence by Age & Gender, 2009
- Dubai: Smoking Incidence by Ethnicity & Gender, 2009
- Production & Trade
- Cigarette Production, 2007-2012
- Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2005 & 2007-2011
- Import Volumes, 2001-2013
- Cigarette Exports to UAE by Country, 2002-2013
- Cigarette Exports by Country of Destination, 2005, & 2007-2011
- Exports from UAE by Receiving Country, 2003-2013
- Operating Constraints
- Advertising Restrictions
- Health Warnings/Labelling Requirements
- Other Restrictions
- Prospects & Forecasts
- Consumption Forecasts to 2023