“Cigarettes in Serbia” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Serbia Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- The majority of Serbian cigarettes are sold in the value sector with these accounting for 41% of volumes in 2010. High priced brands are second, with 25%, followed by low priced brands (20%) and medium priced brands (15%). Recent years have seen a decline in the mid-priced sector with a polarization towards high and value/low priced brands.
- The Serbian cigarette market is today led by Philip Morris International, with JTI moving into second and BAT in third place. However, they also face competition from Imperial Tobacco, TDR of Croatia and Monus, a local producer, among others.
- The cigarette market dropped by 9% in 2014 and is expected to witness a continued decline in duty paid cigarettes in the coming years as the effects of tax-induced price rises and the recently introduced restrictions on public smoking depress demand. The loss of some sales to the non-duty paid sector is significant and thus the market is expected to fall by 30.7% by 2023.
Reasons To Buy
- “Cigarettes in Serbia” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Serbia.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Serbia. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Serbia.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Serbia along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Serbia, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
- Market Size
- Duty Paid Consumption, 1990-2014
- Per Capita Consumption, Duty Paid, 1990-2014
- Market Structure
- Breakdown of Consumption, Legal v Contraband, 2003-2007
- Filter & Plain Cigarettes, 1999-2013
- Manufacturers & Brands
- Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, 2002-2014
- Serbia: Brand Shares, 2013 & 2014
- Taxation & Retail Prices
- Excise Duty Rates, Cigarettes, 2012, 2013 & 2015
- Retail Prices
- BAT Cigarette Prices, 2010 & 2011
- JTI: Cigarette Prices, 2012
- Retail Price Trends: Cigarettes 2011-2014
- Retail Prices of Selected Brands, 2014
- The Smoking Population
- Smoking Population, 1990-2013
- Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, 2013
- Smoking Prevalence by Age Group, 2013
- Production & Trade
- Cigarette Production, 1990-2013