World Cigarettes - Nigeria 2014
“Cigarettes in Nigeria” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Nigeria Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Filter cigarettes now predominate, accounting for over 99% of duty paid sales. Virginia blend brands are popular in the legitimate market, with American blends taking a growing share. Mentholated brands are also important with around a quarter of sales. King size/long lengths are now the largest sector with over 90% of sales. The majority of sales are in packs of 20.
- The Nigerian cigarette market is one of the few in the world where non-duty paid sales have traditionally been higher than legitimate volumes.
- Based on the assumption of continuing positive economic performance alongside strong population growth and political stability, consumption volumes are expected to increase by 72.1% between 2013 and 2023. The duty paid sector is expected to account for more than 90% of sales by 2023. Per capita consumption of duty paid cigarettes will increase by a forecast 34.7% in 2023.
Reasons To Buy
- “Cigarettes in Nigeria” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Nigeria.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Nigeria. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Nigeria.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Nigeria along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Nigeria, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
- Market Size
- Duty Paid Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
- Duty Paid & Non-Duty Paid Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2013
- Duty Paid Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
- Market Structure
- Cigarette Market by Pack Type, 2000-2008
- Manufacturers & Brands
- Manufacturer Sales & Shares, 2000-2014
- Taxation & Retail Prices
- Retail Prices
- Brands by Category
- Average Retail Prices of Cigarette Brands in Ibadan, Nigeria, May 2013
- Price Index (Alcohol & Tobacco), 2009-2014
- The Smoking Population
- Smoking Population, 1990-2013
- Production & Trade
- Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
- Cigarette Imports, 1990-2013
- Imports by Country of Origin, 2003-2013
- Exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2013
- Operating Constraints
- Advertising Restrictions
- Health Warnings
- Other Restrictions
- Company Profiles
- British American Tobacco (Nigeria) Ltd
- Prospects & Forecasts
- Consumption Forecasts to 2023