World Cigarettes - Laos 2014
“Cigarettes in Laos” is a new report by ERC that focuses on the extent to which Laos Cigarettes market has evolved in line with changing smoking habits, the competitive environment and economic developments, as well as analyzing the implications market realignments have had on top multinational companies.
- Sales fell back by 4.6% and 7.4% in 2009 and 2010 but were up 11.2% in 2011 to 3.13 billion pieces. They subsequently fell by 2% in 2012 to 3.06 billion pieces. Per capita consumption averaged 465 pieces in 2012 which is 11.1% down on 1990 levels.
- Sales fell back by 4.6% and 7.4% in 2009 and 2010 but were up by 11.2% in 2011 to 3.13 billion pieces.
- Despite an additional tax being levied during 2011, volumes grew by 11.2% to 3,125 million pieces although a 2% decline followed in 2012 to 3,063 million pieces. Forecasts for 2013 are for a 9.4% rise in sales taking the market to 3.35 billion pieces.
Reasons To Buy
- “Cigarettes in Laos” report is a qualitative report providing extensive and highly detailed consumption data on the Cigarettes industry in Laos.
- This report is the result of ERC’s extensive market research covering Cigarettes across Laos. The report provides consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the Cigarettes industry in order to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Cigarettes industry.
- This report is aimed at companies operating in the Cigarettes industry and for new companies considering entry into Cigarettes industry.
- This report provides detailed data of the manufacturers operating in the Cigarettes industry in Laos.
- This report also provides market size of the Cigarettes industry in Laos along with other data relating to the regulations, retail price, smoking population, production & trade and forecast data.
- Cigarettes companies require a detailed understanding of Cigarettes consumption in order to align their sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. This report clarifies in detail, by region and company, where the growth opportunities are in Cigarettes industry to enable effective marketing plan
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the shifting market dynamics is key to ensuring maximum sales in the future
- The differing growth rates in overall regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes for marketers
- The report provides the latest data on market dynamics in the Cigarettes industry across Laos, providing marketers with essential data in order to understand their own position in the market and to identify where to compete in the future
- Market Size
- Cigarette Consumption, 1990-2014
- Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2014
- Market Structure
- Manufacturers & Brands
- Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2001-2014
- Taxation & Retail Prices
- Tax Rates (Domestic Manufacturers), 2014
- Retail Prices
- Retail Prices of Selected Brands, 1999, 2002, 2005 & 2012
- Red A: Price Development, 1990-2012
- The Smoking Population
- Smoking Population, 1990-2013
- Smoking Prevalence by Ethnic Group, 2007
- Production & Trade
- Cigarette Production, 1990-2013
- Cigarette Imports, 1990-2013
- Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2013
- Operating Constraints
- Advertising Restrictions
- Health Warnings
- Other Restrictions
- Company Profiles
- Laos Tobacco Ltd
- Prospects & Forecasts
- Consumption Forecasts to 2023