DelveInsight’s ‘Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS)-Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Hidradenitis Suppurativa, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Hidradenitis Suppurativa market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Hidradenitis Suppurativa market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Hidradenitis Suppurativa market Size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Hidradenitis Suppurativa treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Overview
According to the National Organization of Rare Disorders, HS is a chronic condition characterized by swollen, painful lesions, occurring in the armpit, groin, anal and breast regions. It is painful and long-term skin condition causing abscesses and scarring on the skin. Affected patients may present with acute abscesses, but the condition often progresses to a chronic state with persistent pain, sinus tract fistula formation, and scarring. HS is usually associated with depression and severe overall impairment of quality of life (QoL), exceeding other skin disorders heavily impacting QoL such as psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, alopecia, and acne. HS may restrict simple movements, interfere with routine daily activities, be disfigured because of the wound healing and scarring process, and limit the ability to work. Pain is reported as the most significant factor contributing to the impairment of QoL in patients with HS, although malodorous and staining secretions also contribute to poor self-perception, embarrassment, stunted social life, and problems with interpersonal relationships. A plethora of comorbidities including inflammatory bowel diseases, spondyloarthropathies, obesity, and metabolic syndrome, may be associated with HS, increasing the disease burden. Therefore, the availability of disease severity assessment tools that might accurately evaluate both clinical picture and patients’ discomfort is important for the management of patients with HS and for driving the therapeutic strategy.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Diagnosis
The diagnosis is primarily clinical, based on symptoms reported by the patient and signs observed by the physician. No pathognomonic test exists, and biopsy is rarely required, especially in well-developed lesions. Primary Diagnosis of HS involves identification of the disease and assessment of its comorbidities. Fulfillment of three criteria are necessary for the diagnosis of HS:
• Typical lesions: deep-seated, painful nodules
• Characteristic distribution: Typical anatomical predilection (i.e., axillae, groins, perineal and perianal regions, buttocks, infra-mammary and inter-mammary folds)
Recurrence: Chronicity and recurrence of lesions
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies available in the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithm across the United States, Europe and Japan.
The DelveInsight Hidradenitis Suppurativa market report gives a thorough understanding of Hidradenitis Suppurativa by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, pathophysiology, and diagnosis. It also provides Hidradenitis Suppurativa treatment algorithms and treatment guidelines for Hidradenitis Suppurativa in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Epidemiology
The Hidradenitis Suppurativa epidemiology division provide the insights about historical and current Hidradenitis Suppurativa patient pool and forecasted trend for each seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The total diagnosed incident cases of Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) patients were found to be more in females than in males in 7MM during the study period i.e. 2017–2030.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Hidradenitis Suppurativa epidemiology [segmented as Total Prevalent Patient Population, Diagnosed Prevalent Patient Population, Age-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Patient Population, Gender-specific Diagnosed Prevalent Patient Population, Stage-Specific (Severity-specific) Prevalent Population, and Treated Prevalent Cases of HS] scenario of Hidradenitis Suppurativa in 7MM covering United States, EU5 countries (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Country Wise- Hidradenitis Suppurativa Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the Hidradenitis Suppurativa epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom) and Japan.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Drug Chapters
Drug chapter segment of the Hidradenitis Suppurativa report encloses the detailed analysis of Hidradenitis Suppurativa marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the Hidradenitis Suppurativa clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug and the latest news and press releases.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Marketed Drugs
Humira (Adalimumab) is a recombinant human IgG1 monoclonal antibody specific for human tumor necrosis factor (TNF). This drug was created using phage display technology resulting in an antibody with human-derived heavy and light chain variable regions and human IgG1:k constant regions. It is produced by recombinant DNA technology in a mammalian cell expression system and is purified by a process that includes specific viral inactivation and removal steps.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Emerging Drugs
IFX-1 is a first-in-class monoclonal anti-complement factor C5a antibody, being developed by InflaRx for the treatment of patients with HS. It completely blocks biological activity and demonstrates high selectivity towards its target, C5a, in human blood. Thus, IFX-1 leaves the formation of the membrane attack complex (C5b-9) intact as an important defense mechanism, which is not the case for molecules blocking the cleavage of C5.
Cosentyx (Secukinumab): Novartis Pharmaceuticals
Cosentyx (Secukinumab) is an IL-17A monoclonal antibody that selectively binds to IL-17A and inhibits Interleukin-17A, and IL-17 promotes neutrophil activities and is marketed by Novartis. These cytokines act on many different cell types and provide defense against different extracellular pathogens causing fungal or bacterial infections.
INCB054707: Incyte Corporation
INCB054707 is a selective JAK1 inhibitor, being developed by Incyte Corporation for the treatment of patients with Moderate-to-severe HS. This therapeutic molecule is administered by an oral route of administration. Currently, the company is investigating this molecule in the Phase II stage of development for HS.
Bimekizumab: UCB Biopharma S.P.R.L
Bimekizumab is the first humanized monoclonal IgG1 antibody that potently and selectively neutralizes both IL-17A and IL-17F, two key cytokines driving inflammatory processes. IL-17A and IL-17F are the most closely related members of the IL-17 family of cytokines.
Bermekimab (MABp1): Janssen Pharmaceutical
MABp1 is a recombinant human IgG1 monoclonal antibody specific for human interleukin-1α, initially being developed by XBiotech for the treatment of patients with HS. Last year Jannsen pharmaceutical acquired rights for this product. It is the only antibody targeting IL-1a currently in clinical development and has the potential for superior efficacy and safety compared to the current standard of care.
Products detail in the report…
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Market Outlook
The Hidradenitis Suppurativa market outlook of the report helps to build the detailed comprehension of the historic, current and forecasted Hidradenitis Suppurativa market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a through detail of Hidradenitis Suppurativa market trend of each marketed drug and late-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, Hidradenitis Suppurativa market in the 7MM is expected to change in the study period 2017–2030. The therapeutic market of Hidradenitis Suppurativa in seven major markets is expected to generate USD 798 million in 2017 and will increase in the study period 2017–2030.
This section includes a glimpse of the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market in the 7MM.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total Hidradenitis Suppurativa market Size and market Size by therapies in the United States.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total Hidradenitis Suppurativa market Size and market Size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom is provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The total Hidradenitis Suppurativa market Size and market Size by therapies in Japan is also mentioned.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Drugs Uptake
This section focusses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched in the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers Hidradenitis Suppurativa market uptake by drugs; patient uptake by therapies; and sales of each drug.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs and allows the comparison of the drugs on the basis of market share and Size which again will be useful in investigating factors important in market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in Phase II, and Phase III stage. It also analyses Hidradenitis Suppurativa key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing and patent details for Hidradenitis Suppurativa emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in Hidradenitis Suppurativa
Approaching reimbursement proactively can have a positive impact both during the late stages of product development and well after product launch. In report we take reimbursement into consideration to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in Hidradenitis Suppurativa domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Hidradenitis Suppurativa market trend. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive & Market Intelligence analysis of the Hidradenitis Suppurativa Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools that includes – SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of Hidradenitis Suppurativa, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology and currently available therapies
• Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Hidradenitis Suppurativa epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
• Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Hidradenitis Suppurativa are provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
• A detailed review of Hidradenitis Suppurativa market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
• The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Hidradenitis Suppurativa market
• In the coming years, Hidradenitis Suppurativa market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the Size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Hidradenitis Suppurativa R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
• Major players are involved in developing therapies for Hidradenitis Suppurativa. Launch of emerging therapies, will significantly impact the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market
• A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Hidradenitis Suppurativa
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Report Insights
• Patient Population
• Therapeutic Approaches
• Hidradenitis Suppurativa Pipeline Analysis
• Hidradenitis Suppurativa Market Size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming Therapies
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Report Key Strengths
• 11 Years Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• Hidradenitis Suppurativa Epidemiology Segmentation
• Key Cross Competition
• Highly Analyzed Market
• Drugs Uptake
Hidradenitis Suppurativa Report Assessment
• Current Treatment Practices
• Unmet Needs
• Pipeline Product Profiles
• Market Attractiveness
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• What was the Hidradenitis Suppurativa Market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2030?
• What would be the Hidradenitis Suppurativa total market Size as well as market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the study period (2017–2030)?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Hidradenitis Suppurativa market Size during the study period (2017–2030)?
• At what CAGR, the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market is expected to grow in 7MM during the study period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market outlook across the 7MM during the study period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market growth till 2030 and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
• How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and a subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• What is the disease risk, burden and unmet needs of the Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
• What is the historical Hidradenitis Suppurativa patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, the United Kingdom) and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of Hidradenitis Suppurativa in 7 major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, the United Kingdom) and Japan?
• What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM with respect to the patient population pertaining to Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
• Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the highest Incident population of Hidradenitis Suppurativa during the study period (2017–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in 7MM during the study period (2017–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs and Emerging Therapies:
• What are the current options for the treatment of Hidradenitis Suppurativa along with the approved therapy?
• What are the current treatment guidelines for the treatment of Hidradenitis Suppurativa in US, Europe and Japan?
• What are the Hidradenitis Suppurativa marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety and efficacy, etc.?
• How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
• How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
• How many emerging therapies are in mid stage, and late stage of development for the treatment of Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Hidradenitis Suppurativa therapies?
• What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for Hidradenitis Suppurativa and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
• What are the global historical and forecasted market of Hidradenitis Suppurativa?
Reasons to buy
The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market
To understand the future market competition in the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Hidradenitis Suppurativa in the US, Europe (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
Identification of strong upcoming players in market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Hidradenitis Suppurativa market
To understand the future market competition in the Hidradenitis Suppurativa market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook