DelveInsight’s ‘Biliary Stents (BS)-Market Insights, Competitive Landscape and Market Forecast-2025’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Biliary Stents, historical and forecasted patient pool as well as the Biliary Stents market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France and United Kingdom) and Japan.
The Biliary Stents market report provides an overview of Biliary Stents, their applications, advantages, limitations, biliary stents market share of the individual devices, current and forecasted biliary stents market size from 2017 to 2025 segmented by seven major markets. The Report also covers current Biliary Stents market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assesses underlying potential of the market.
Biliary Stents Overview
A common disorder that can result from malignant or benign diseases is obstructive jaundice. Surgery was the main treatment for biliary obstruction cases prior to endoscopic biliary stenting, which was implemented in the early 1980s. Whipple procedure with hepaticojejunostomy, cholecystojejunostomy, choledochojejunostomy, or other procedures according to the predisposing condition were surgical options for obstructive jaundice. Biliary stents have been successfully used to restore the consistency of disrupted segmental branches at the level of the main hepatic confluence and for leaks from aberrant bile ducts. The primary therapeutic objective of major biliary injury with bile leakage is to circumvent the leak with the stent to redirect bile flow to the duodenum and convert an acute therapeutic target if there is no transection.
About two decades ago, the use of plastic biliary stents for bile duct drainage was defined and plastic stents are now used for a number of therapeutic indications in the biliary tree. Pancreatic disease applications have also been developed. These stents are used for malignant and benign cases, and the decompression of the biliary tree has been proven effective and secure. Biliary stent palliative insertion relieves distal biliary obstruction as efficiently as surgical bypass.
There have been continued advances in terms of therapeutic endoscopy via endoscopic stenting, especially in the area of device designing and insertion techniques. Due to these advancements, the clinicians are now easily progressing to provide lumen-to lumen anchoring and in reducing the bilio-pancreatic leakages.
How are Biliary Stents inserted?
Biliary stent is seen to be effectively useful in the treatment of a range of pancreatico-biliary diseases. The patients undergo a procedure known as the Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio-Pancreatography (ERCP) for the insertion of a biliary stent in the bile duct. The ERCP composes of a flexible tube which has a camera attached to it on one end and the tube is made to be passed down the throat of the person to his stomach. The inside picture of the stomach can be seen over the screen. The biliary stent is inserted in to the bile duct by the help of a wire. When the position of the biliary stent is proper, the wire can be taken out. The bile duct should be able to drain the fluids in an effective manner after the procedure is done. The whole procedure takes about 30- 40 min on an average. For some people the procedure performed is different, also known as the Percutaneous Transhepatic Cholangiogram (PTC).
Risks associated with the procedure
Although a metal stent incorporated into the bile duct, helps in effective passage of the fluids like bilirubin, however there might be certain risks/complications that can take place eventually after the insertion of the Metal based biliary stent. These include stent occlusion, tumor overgrowth around the stent, tumor ingrowth around the stent, fever, bleeding, nausea, inflammation, pain, jaundice etc.
Study Period: 2017–2025
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain and the United Kingdom)
List of companies
• Abbot Laboratories
• Boston Scientific
• Bard Medical
• Cook India Medical Devices Pvt. Ltd.
• Merit Medical Systems
• InSitu Technologies
More companies in the report…
Biliary Stents - Competitive Analysis
This segment of the report provides a brief competitive analysis of Automated Compounding Devices, to help understand the competition in the market. It gives a comparative understanding of the products based on applications.
Biliary stents: Market Analysis
This segment illustrates the market of biliary stents across 7MM and how the market is expected to rise in the year (2017 to 2025), at a significant CAGR.
Biliary Stents: Market Segmentation
• Metal Stents
• Plastic Stents
• Biliary leaks
• Ambulatory Service centers
Biliary Stents: Market Drivers and Barriers
The report provides insights into the market driving factors and the barriers shaping Biliary Stents Market.
The growth of BS market is driven by an escalating prevalence of biliary diseases, the increasing number of geriatric populations. Patient preferences for minimally invasive procedures and the increasing technological advancements like the development of plastic stents that are known to increase the efficiency of the procedure are some major advantages that can help in shaping the BS market.
However burden of rising regulation, proving long-term efficacy, pricing pressures, and medical devices excise taxes are some major barriers that can obstruct the propelling growth of the biliary stents market.
The key players are adopting various strategies such as product launches, mergers & acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations, which are contributing to the growth of the biliary stents market globally. For instance, On May 15, 2019, Q3 Medical Devices Limited announced that it has entered into an agreement with Medtronic plc for Archimedes, the first to market biodegradable biliary and pancreatic stents. Soon after, in June 2019, Merit Medical planned to acquire Brightwater Medical in a deal valued at USD 50 million. The company recently won FDA clearance for its ConvertX biliary stent system, designed to treat severe obstructions of the ureter, according to Merit Medical.
To keep up with the market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in Biliary Stents domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or Biliary Stents market trend. This will support the clients in making informed business decisions by identifying the overall scenario of the market and the unmet needs.
Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of biliary stents, explaining their applications, how they are inserted, advantages, limitations, etc.
• Additionally, an all-inclusive account of the current therapies for biliary stents are provided, which will have an impact on the future market of biliary stents.
• A detailed review of Biliary Stents market; historical and forecasted market size is included in the report, covering devices outreach in the 7MM.
• The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Biliary Stents market.
• The report covers descriptive overview of the Biliary Stents, explaining its applications, working mechanism, etc.
• The report provides an insight into the patient population eligible for Implantation of Biliary Stents in the 7 MM, covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.
• The report gives a comprehensive account of marketed devices present in the Biliary Stents market.
• The report also reviews the detailed global historical and forecasted Biliary stents market including assessing the outreach in 7 MM.
• The report helps in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Biliary Stents market.
Biliary Stents Report Key Strengths
• 6 Years Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• Competitive Landscape
• Patient Pool
• Market Size
Biliary Stents Report Assessment
• Marketed Product profiles
• Key Products and Key Players
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• Market Forecast
• KOL’S views
• What was the Biliary Stents Market share (%) distribution in 2017 and how it would look like in 2025?
• What would be the Biliary Stents total market Size as well as market Size by devices across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2025)?
• What are the key findings pertaining to the market across 7MM and which country will have the largest Biliary Stents market Size during the forecast period (2017–2025)?
• At what CAGR, the Biliary Stents market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2025)?
• What would be the Biliary Stents market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2025)?
• What would be the Biliary Stents market growth till 2025 and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2025?
• How would the market drivers, barriers and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and a subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• What are the current devices available in the Biliary Stents market?
• What are the Biliary Stents available in the market, their product description, regulatory milestones, product development activities, research and development activities etc.?
• How many key players are developing Biliary Stents?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Biliary Stents?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the current Biliary Stents?
• What are the global historical and forecasted market of Biliary Stents?
Please Note: It will take 4-5 business days to complete the report upon order confirmation.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook