DelveInsight’s, “Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) – Pipeline Insight, 2020,” report provides comprehensive insights about 50+ companies and 50+ pipeline drugs in Acute respiratory distress syndrome pipeline landscape. It covers the pipeline drug profiles, including clinical and nonclinical stage products. It also covers the therapeutics assessment by product type, stage, route of administration, and molecule type. It further highlights the inactive pipeline products in this space.
• Global coverage
Acute respiratory distress syndrome Understanding
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS): Overview
Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) is a life-threatening condition of seriously ill patients, characterized by poor oxygenation, pulmonary infiltrates, and acuity of onset. On a microscopic level, the disorder is associated with capillary endothelial injury and diffuse alveolar damage. Acute respiratory distress syndrome is defined as an acute disorder that starts within 7 days of the inciting event and is characterized by bilateral lung infiltrates and severe progressive hypoxemia in the absence of any evidence of cardiogenic pulmonary edema. ARDS is defined by the patient's oxygen in arterial blood (PaO2) to the fraction of the oxygen in the inspired air (FiO2). These patients have a PaO2/FiO2 ratio of less than 300.
Acute respiratory distress syndrome usually develops within 24 to 48 hours of the original injury or disease but may take as long as 4 or 5 days to occur. The person first has shortness of breath, usually with rapid, shallow breathing.
Common symptoms and signs of ARDS include:
• labored and rapid breathing
• muscle fatigue and general weakness
• low blood pressure
• discolored skin or nails
• a dry, hacking cough
• a fever
• a fast pulse rate
• mental confusion
A doctor can diagnose ARDS in several different ways. There’s no one definitive test for diagnosing this condition. The doctor may take a blood pressure reading, perform a physical exam, and recommend any of the following tests:
• a blood test
• a chest X-ray
• a CT scan
• throat and nose swabs
• an electrocardiogram
• an echocardiogram
• an airway examination
No drug has proved beneficial in the prevention or management of acute respiratory distress syndrome. The chief treatment strategy is supportive care and focuses on 1) reducing shunt fraction, 2) increasing oxygen delivery, 3) decreasing oxygen consumption, and 4) avoiding further injury. Early administration of corticosteroids to septic patients does not prevent the development of acute respiratory distress syndrome.
Acute respiratory distress syndrome Emerging Drugs Chapters
This segment of the Acute respiratory distress syndrome report encloses its detailed analysis of various drugs in different stages of clinical development, including phase II, I, preclinical and Discovery. It also helps to understand clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, and the latest news and press releases.
Acute respiratory distress syndrome Emerging Drugs
• HCR040: Histocell, S.L.
HCR040 is an investigational medicinal product whose active substance is HC016, allogeneic adipose-derived adult mesenchymal stem cells expanded and pulsed with H2O2. The main purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and tolerability of a single administration of HCR040 using: a) two sequential escalating doses administered 96 hours post-injury to participants with moderate to severe acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS); and b) the determined maximum tolerated dose administered 96 hours post-injury to participants with moderate to severe ARDS. The study also includes initial exploration of efficacy.
• HLCM051(MultiStem): Healios
Healios is conducting an open-label, standard therapy as a controlled, multicenter phase 2 study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of HLCM051 (MultiStem) in patients with Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) caused by pneumonitis. The primary object of this clinical study is to investigate the efficacy of HLCM051 in patients with ARDS caused by pneumonitis.
Further product details are provided in the report……..
Acute respiratory distress syndrome: Therapeutic Assessment
This segment of the report provides insights about the different Acute respiratory distress syndrome drugs segregated based on following parameters that define the scope of the report, such as:
• Major Players in Acute respiratory distress syndrome
There are approx. 50+ key companies which are developing the therapies for Acute respiratory distress syndrome. The companies which have their Acute respiratory distress syndrome drug candidates in the mid to advanced stage, i.e. phase III and Phase II include, Sage Therapeutics, Healios, Chiesi Farmaceutici etc.
DelveInsight’s report covers around 50+ products under different phases of clinical development like
• Mid-stage products (Phase II and Phase I/II)
• Early-stage products (Phase I/II and Phase I) along with the details of
• Pre-clinical and Discovery stage candidates
• Discontinued & Inactive candidates
• Route of Administration
Acute respiratory distress syndrome pipeline report provides the therapeutic assessment of the pipeline drugs by the Route of Administration. Products have been categorized under various ROAs such as
• Molecule Type
Products have been categorized under various Molecule types such as
• Monoclonal antibodies
• Stem cell therapies
• Product Type
Drugs have been categorized under various product types like Mono, Combination and Mono/Combination.
Acute respiratory distress syndrome: Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into different therapeutic candidates in phase II, I, preclinical and discovery stage. It also analyses Acute respiratory distress syndrome therapeutic drugs key players involved in developing key drugs.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisition and merger, licensing along with a thorough therapeutic assessment of emerging Acute respiratory distress syndrome drugs.
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Acute respiratory distress syndrome R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve Acute respiratory distress syndrome.
• Several trials are currently ongoing evaluating experimental therapies for Acute respiratory distress syndrome, including human mesenchymal stem cells and extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).
Acute respiratory distress syndrome Report Insights
• Acute respiratory distress syndrome Pipeline Analysis
• Therapeutic Assessment
• Unmet Needs
• Impact of Drugs
Acute respiratory distress syndrome Report Assessment
• Pipeline Product Profiles
• Therapeutic Assessment
• Pipeline Assessment
• Inactive drugs assessment
• Unmet Needs
Current Treatment Scenario and Emerging Therapies:
• How many companies are developing Acute respiratory distress syndrome drugs?
• How many Acute respiratory distress syndrome drugs are developed by each company?
• How many emerging drugs are in mid-stage, and late-stage of development for the treatment of Acute respiratory distress syndrome?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry–Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the Acute respiratory distress syndrome therapeutics?
• What are the recent trends, drug types and novel technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for Acute respiratory distress syndrome and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted to the emerging drugs?
• Athersys, Inc
• Altor BioScience
• Cartesian Therapeutics
• Meridigen Biotech Co., Ltd.
• Sage Therapeutics
• Healios K.K.
• Chiesi Farmaceutici
• Altor BioScience
• Faron Pharmaceuticals Ltd
• AVM Biotechnology LLC
• Amyndas Pharmaceuticals S.A.
• Kinevant Sciences GmbH
• Eli Lilly and Company
• Suntory Pharmaceutical
• Wharton's jelly derived Mesenchymal stem cells.
• Descartes 30
• Interferon Beta
Please Note: It will take 3 - 4 business days to complete the report upon order confirmation.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook