DelveInsight’s ‘AL Amyloidosis – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast—2030’ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the AL amyloidosis, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom), and Japan.
The AL Amyloidosis market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted AL amyloidosis symptoms market size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current AL amyloidosis symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers, and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
• The United States
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Study Period: 2017–2030
AL Amyloidosis Disease Understanding and Treatment Algorithm
AL Amyloidosis Overview
Amyloidosis refers to a group of complex diseases caused by protein misfolding and aggregation into highly ordered amyloid fibrils that deposit in tissues, resulting in progressive organ damage. A cross-β-sheet quaternary structure characterizes these amyloid fibrils. It is typically found in individuals with monoclonal gammopathy.
AL amyloidosis is characterized by the proliferation of clonal plasma cells. It causes the increased production of immunoglobulin light chains to become misfolded and aggregate into amyloid fibrils, leading to organ damage. As the amyloid builds up in an organ, nerve, or tissue, it gradually causes damage and affects their function. Each amyloidosis patient has a different pattern of amyloid deposition in their body. It often affects more than one organ, except the brain.
Changes in proteins, turning them into amyloids, occur because of gene mutations in DNA within cells. As amyloids are insoluble, they deposit in organs and tissues, causing amyloidosis; these amyloid proteins accumulate mainly in the tissue space between cells. The Washington University Amyloid Center is among the few places in the US capable of treating this rare condition. Their experienced team offers leading-edge treatments to help improve the patient’s symptoms.
AL Amyloidosis Diagnosis and Treatment
It covers the details of conventional and current medical therapies and diagnosis available in the AL amyloidosis market for the treatment of the condition. It also provides the country-wise treatment guidelines and algorithms across the United States, Europe, and Japan.
DelveInsight’s AL amyloidosis market report gives a thorough understanding of AL amyloidosis symptoms by including details such as disease definition, symptoms, causes, physiology, and diagnosis. It also provides the symptoms, treatment algorithms, and treatment guidelines for AL Amyloidosis symptoms in the US, Europe, and Japan.
Early diagnosis remains vital for improving treatment efficacy and overall survival. Earlier diagnosis and better treatment options have reduced early deaths and improved survival in the past few years. When amyloid deposits are detected in biopsy samples, accurate identification of the precursor protein is crucial to guide treatment. This is feasible using immunohistochemistry, in highly specialized laboratories, and using immune-electron microscopy. The mass spectrometry-based analysis of the amyloid-containing tissues is now considered the best approach, with a reported sensitivity of 88% and specificity of 96% higher than immunochemical techniques. Also, the mass-spectrometry-based analysis does not require a large panel of antisera to identify non-AL amyloidosis.
Treatment for AL amyloidosis is tailored to the patient with their health in mind. The type of treatment is based on disease progression and the seriousness of the patient’s organ, tissue, and nerve involvement. Supportive treatment is helpful for various symptoms, including cardiac and kidney problems, and can change many people’s quality of life.
AL Amyloidosis Epidemiology
The AL Amyloidosis symptoms epidemiology division provides insights about the historical and current patient pool and the forecasted trend for every seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the DelveInsight report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
The incident cases of AL Amyloidosis in the 7MM will increase during the study period, i.e., 2017–2030.
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical and forecasted AL Amyloidosis symptoms epidemiology segmented as the total incident cases of AL amyloidosis, Gender-specific cases of AL amyloidosis, and age-specific cases of AL amyloidosis. The report includes the incident scenario of AL amyloidosis symptoms in 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2017 to 2030.
Country-wise AL Amyloidosis Epidemiology
The epidemiology segment also provides the AL Amyloidosis epidemiology data and findings across the United States, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom), and Japan.
The total incident cases of AL Amyloidosis associated in 7MM countries were 8,550 in 2017.
AL Amyloidosis Drug Chapters
The drug chapter segment of the AL Amyloidosis report encloses the detailed analysis of AL amyloidosis early-stage (Phase-I/II, II, and III) pipeline drugs. It also helps to understand the AL Amyloidosis clinical trial details, expressive pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, advantages and disadvantages of each included drug, and the latest news and press releases.
AL Amyloidosis Market Outlook
The AL amyloidosis market outlook of the report helps to build a detailed comprehension of the historical, current, and forecasted AL amyloidosis market trends by analyzing the impact of current therapies on the market, unmet needs, drivers, and barriers and demand of better technology.
This segment gives a thorough detail of AL Amyloidosis market trend of each marketed drug and early-stage pipeline therapy by evaluating their impact based on the annual cost of therapy, inclusion and exclusion criteria’s, mechanism of action, compliance rate, growing need of the market, increasing patient pool, covered patient segment, expected launch year, competition with other therapies, brand value, their impact on the market and view of the key opinion leaders. The calculated market data are presented with relevant tables and graphs to give a clear view of the market at first sight.
According to DelveInsight, the AL Amyloidosis market in 7MM is expected to grow during the study period 2017–2030.
High-dose melphalan followed by ASCT is one treatment option included in the National Comprehensive Cancer Network guidelines. Induction with high-dose melphalan followed by ASCT has significantly impacted the ability to achieve a deep hematological response, organ response, and improved survival in patients eligible for this procedure. In recent years, bortezomib-based regimens were more frequently used as a pre-ASCT induction and increased survival. This treatment method is associated with significant side morbidity and mortality; therefore, only about 20–30% of patients are eligible. The PFS by period among the ASCT-treated patients was in the range of 53 months and giving survival for more than 2 years. HSCT and its associated complications are costly, depending on patient characteristics, transplant center experience, graft type, hospitalization duration, and transplantation complications. Further, hematological relapses or progression after ASCT occurs in 36–38% of patients at a median of 2.0–4.3 years after treatment.
Among the ineligible ASCT patients, the inflection point seems to have occurred around 2005, with incremental PFS or OS benefit observed in the most recent era, with the introduction of melphalan, in combination with dexamethasone (MDex) as a substitute for melphalan and prednisone (MP). This change had a profound impact on patient survival and the treatment pattern.
This section includes a glimpse of the AL amyloidosis market in 7MM. The market size of AL Amyloidosis in the seven major markets was found to be USD 887.3 Million in 2017.
The United States Market Outlook
This section provides the total AL Amyloidosis market size and market size by therapies in the United States.
DelveInsight estimates show that the United States accounted for the highest market size compared to EU5 and Japan.
EU-5 Countries: Market Outlook
The total AL Amyloidosis market size and market size by therapies in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom are provided in this section.
Japan Market Outlook
The totals AL Amyloidosis market Size and market Size by therapies in Japan are also mentioned.
AL Amyloidosis Drugs Uptake
This section focusses on the rate of uptake of the potential drugs recently launched or expected to get launched in the market during the study period 2017–2030. The analysis covers the AL amyloidosis market uptake by drugs, patient uptake by therapies, and drug sales.
This helps in understanding the drugs with the most rapid uptake, reasons behind the maximal use of new drugs, and allows the comparison of the drugs based on market share and size, which again will be useful in investigating factors important in the market uptake and in making financial and regulatory decisions.
AL Amyloidosis Pipeline Development Activities
The report provides insights into the therapeutic candidate in phase I/II, II, and III stages. It also analyses AL Amyloidosis key players involved in developing targeted therapeutics.
Major players include Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Caelum Biosciences, Oncopeptides AB, and Bristol Myers Squibb.
Pipeline Development Activities
The report covers the detailed information of collaborations, acquisitions and mergers, licensing, and patent details for AL Amyloidosis emerging therapies.
Reimbursement Scenario in AL Amyloidosis
Proactively approaching reimbursement can induce a positive impact both during the early stages of product development and well after product launch. In the report, we consider reimbursement to identify economically attractive indications and market opportunities. When working with finite resources, the ability to select the markets with the fewest reimbursement barriers can be a critical business and price strategy.
Clinical practice guidelines by NCCN, UKMF provided a list of drug therapy options for AL Amyloidosis; however, none had FDA or EMA approval. This treatment landscape of AL amyloidosis is mostly derived from multiple myeloma, and none are deemed optimal due to insufficient data. High-dose melphalan followed by autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplant (ASCT) is included in the guidelines, but it is associated with significant morbidity and mortality; therefore, only about 20% of patients are eligible. Transplantation improved life expectancy, and one of the Canadian-based studies extrapolated survival and costs of the ASCT with melphalan and prednisone group. The incremental cost-effectiveness of transplantation was 25,710 Canadian dollars per life-year gained, including follow-up costs. Compared with melphalan and prednisone, ASCT appears to be cost-effective in patients less than 65 years old.
To keep up with current market trends, we take KOLs and SME’s opinion working in the AL amyloidosis domain through primary research to fill the data gaps and validate our secondary research. Their opinion helps to understand and validate current and emerging therapies treatment patterns or AL Amyloidosis market trends. This will support the clients in potential upcoming novel treatment by identifying the market’s overall scenario and the unmet needs.
Competitive Intelligence Analysis
We perform Competitive and Market Intelligence analysis of the AL Amyloidosis Market by using various Competitive Intelligence tools: SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies, etc. The inclusion of the analysis entirely depends upon the data availability.
Scope of the Report
• The report covers the descriptive overview of AL amyloidosis, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, physiology, and currently available therapies.
• Comprehensive insight has been provided into the AL amyloidosis epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM.
• Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for AL amyloidosis is provided, along with the assessment of new therapies, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape.
• A detailed review of the AL Amyloidosis market, historical and forecasted, covering drug outreach in the 7MM, is included in the report.
• The report provides an edge while developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the global AL Amyloidosis market.
• In the coming years, the AL amyloidosis market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease and favorable environment for new anti-infective modalities that would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
• The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence AL amyloidosis R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
• Major players are involved in developing therapies for AL amyloidosis. The launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the AL amyloidosis market
• Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase I/II, and II), different emerging trends, and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
AL Amyloidosis Report Insights
• Patient Population
• Therapeutic Approaches
• AL Amyloidosis Pipeline Analysis
• AL Amyloidosis Market Size and Trends
• Market Opportunities
• Impact of upcoming Therapies
AL Amyloidosis Report Key Strengths
• 11-year Forecast
• 7MM Coverage
• AL Amyloidosis Epidemiology Segmentation
• Key Competitors
• Highly Analyzed Market
• Drugs Uptake
AL Amyloidosis Report Assessment
• Current Treatment Practices
• Unmet Needs
• Pipeline Product Profiles
• Market Attractiveness
• Market Drivers and Barriers
• What was the AL amyloidosis Market share (%) distribution in 2017, and how would it look like in 2030?
• What would be the AL amyloidosis total market Size and market Size by therapies across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What are the market’s key findings across 7MM, and which country will have the largest AL Amyloidosis market Size during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• At what CAGR, the AL Amyloidosis market is expected to grow in 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the AL amyloidosis market outlook across the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• What would be the AL Amyloidosis market growth till 2030, and what will be the resultant market Size in the year 2030?
• How would the market drivers, barriers, and future opportunities affect the market dynamics and subsequent analysis of the associated trends?
• What are the disease risk, burden, and unmet needs of the AL amyloidosis?
• What is the historical AL amyloidosis patient pool in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK), and Japan?
• What would be the forecasted patient pool of AL amyloidosis in seven major markets covering the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan?
• What will be the growth opportunities in the 7MM for the patient population of AL amyloidosis?
• Out of all 7MM countries, which country would have the largest incident population of AL amyloidosis during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
• At what CAGR the population is expected to grow in the 7MM during the forecast period (2017–2030)?
Current Treatment Scenario, Marketed Drugs, and Emerging Therapies:
• What are the current options for the treatment of AL amyloidosis, along with the approved therapy?
• What are the current treatment guidelines for AL amyloidosis treatment in the USA, Europe, and Japan?
• What are the AL amyloidosis marketed drugs and their MOA, regulatory milestones, product development activities, advantages, disadvantages, safety and efficacy, etc.?
• How many companies are developing therapies for the treatment of AL amyloidosis?
• How many therapies are developed by each company for the treatment of AL amyloidosis?
• How many emerging therapies are in the mid-stage and late stages of development for the treatment of AL amyloidosis?
• What are the key collaborations (Industry–Industry, Industry-Academia), Mergers and acquisitions, licensing activities related to the AL amyloidosis therapies?
• What are the recent novel therapies, targets, mechanisms of action, and technologies developed to overcome the limitation of existing therapies?
• What are the clinical studies going on for AL amyloidosis and their status?
• What are the key designations that have been granted for the emerging therapies for AL amyloidosis?
• What are the global historical and forecasted markets of AL amyloidosis?
Reasons to buy
• The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the AL amyloidosis market
• To understand the future market competition in the AL amyloidosis market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for AL amyloidosis in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan
• Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
• Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for the AL amyloidosis market
• To understand the future market competition in the AL amyloidosis market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook