Brazil Agricultural and Construction Equipment Market - 2019-2026
Brazil Agricultural and Construction Equipment Market Overview
Brazil agricultural and construction equipment market was worth $XX billion in 2018 and is forecasted to reach $XX billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 7.17% during the forecast period.
Agricultural equipment is a machinery used in farming or other agriculture. There are many types of such equipment, from hand tools and power tools to tractors. Construction equipment are the equipment’s used in constructions to shift large amounts of dirt, dig foundations, and landscape areas. Brazil is one of the few countries which is still capable of increasing its planted area. Large portions of Brazil’s savanna or prairie region are available for cultivation, leaving considerable room for growth of the country’s commercial agricultural sector.
Brazil Agricultural and Construction Equipment Market – Market Dynamics
Growing population is leading to the expansion of farm area in the country, thereby contributing to the demand for agricultural equipment. Brazil is one of the major, dynamic and rapidly growing market for agricultural equipment. This growth is driven by an extensive commercial farming sector, Moreover the country leads in exporting agriculture products such as soy bean, sugar, coffee. It is estimated the country has about 219 million hectares of land free for agribusiness. This, combined with a favorable climate and the availability of water and fertile land, places Brazil as one of the countries with the greatest potential to meet the growing demands for food on the planet.
According to the World Bank population of Brazil has grown from 196 million in 2010 to 210 million by 2017.
Government support to farmers by providing subsidies over agricultural equipment is boosting the market. Also, ongoing trade war issue will likely to drive demand for Brazil agricultural products and hence agricultural equipment demand.
The construction sector, is undergoing a profound restructuring prompted by structural transformation of the Brazilian economy after the end of the commodities boom, low government spending and the ongoing corruption investigations. Owing to this there has been a recession due to the ailing economy, high inflation and restricted credit supply, which has led to postponed projects and mounting financial, liquidity and reputational problems for domestic construction companies. All these factors are hindering the market growth.
Brazil Agricultural and Construction Equipment Market – Segment Analysis
Based on agricultural equipment the Brazil agricultural and construction equipment market is segmented as >200 hp, 100-200 hp, 31-100 hp, <30 hp farm tractors. The 31-100 HP segment, is anticipated to grow by 7.89% over the forecast period, Moreover this class of tractors account for a significant 45% share of total sales in 2017. The most number of tractors falls under this category that are considered to be versatile due to their mass or power relation and can be employed in the most diverse agricultural operations. The other major category is less than 30 HP segment, which is expected to grow by 7.12%, this category accounts to 33% of the brazil agricultural equipment market.
Brazil Agricultural and Equipment market is segment into earthmoving equipment, material-handling equipment, heavy construction vehicles, and Others. Earthmoving equipment holds the largest market share of 39% among the other construction equipment, owing to the importance and range of earth moving works taking place take place at the construction sites. Moving forward this equipment is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.70% during the forecast period 2018-2015. Earthmoving equipment machines are used around the world for such tasks as resource development, social infrastructure development, and disaster reconstruction. These machines are also being called on to overcome new challenges against a background of changes in economy and structure of society. The federal government and Brazilian municipalities are working together to improve the structuring of infrastructure projects that will be offered to the private sector. Until 2019, USD 180 million of the federal government budget was utilized to assist city halls in the development of technical studies that will support future concessions and public-private partnerships of public services.
Global Brazil Agricultural and Construction Equipment Market – Competitive Analysis
The Brazil agricultural equipment market is consolidated market with 3 companies occupying majority of the market share in 2017. Around 60% of the Brazil agricultural equipment market is attributed by three companies namely CNH industrial, AGCO corporation and John Deere. CNH possesses tractor brands such as CASE, New Holland. Whereas other major tractor maker holds two major tractor brands namely Massey Ferguson and Valtra. Other prominent tractor makers in Brazil include Agrale, Kubota, Yanmar, M&M.
The Brazil construction equipment market is moderately consolidated market with five companies occupying majority of the market share in 2017. Caterpillar and Komatsu are the major players in Brazil construction equipment market, this two companies’ major product portfolio include excavators, material handlers. Volvo is another player in which is prominent player in this market driven by the excavator, material handling vehicle products.
• In August 2018, John Deere signed a Technical Cooperation Agreement with the Mato Grosso Association of Cotton Producers (Ampa), for of the Mato Grosso do Algodão Institute (IMAmt).
• In July 2018, Deere & Company has signed a definitive agreement to acquire PLA, a privately owned manufacturer of sprayers, planters and specialty agricultural products.
• In October 2017, Caterpillar Inc. has entered into an agreement with Kennametal Inc. to offer special rotors and diamond and carbide ground cutting tools for floor screed and milling applications to its customers worldwide.
• In November 2018, Caterpillar Brazil has launched next generation excavators in the 30 ton (330 and 330 GC) size category increase operational efficiency, reduce fuel and maintenance costs, and improve operator comfort compared to previous models.
Why Purchase the Report?
• Visualize the composition of the Brazil Agricultural and Construction Equipment market across each indication, in terms of type and treatment options, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
• Identify commercial opportunities in Brazil Agricultural and Construction Equipment market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the Brazil Agricultural and Construction Equipment market - level 4/5 segmentation.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the key products of all major market players
• Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
• Service Providers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook