Middle East and Africa Natural Gas Engine Market
By Engine Family (Spark Ignited Engine, Dual Fuel Type Engine, High Pressure Direct Injection), Power Output (15KW–100KW, 100KW–399KW, 400KW–800KW, 1000-2000KW, 3000KW–4500KW), Application (Natural Gas Gensets, Natural Gas Automotive, Decentralized Energy Generation), Country (South Africa and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
Natural gas engines are used for power generation by using natural gas. The gas engine can be operated with various types of gases such as natural gas, mine gas, shale gas, landfill gas, biogas, landfill gas syngas, and sewage gas. Natural gas can be used in emergency and transportable generators and has been considered as one of the most operative and reasonable fuels amongst non-renewable power generation resources. Natural gas engines can be implemented in various sectors such as waste water treatment (WWT) plants, coal mines, food processing, agricultural processing and green houses. They are basically considered for maximum thermal and electrical efficiency, low operational and service cost, and high availability and reliability. A natural gas which includes compressed natural gas (CNG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG). At current scenario, the usage of the natural gases is in various sectors such as industrial, domestic and commercial sectors whereas, commercial sectors are fragmented into, railways, trucks, buses, taxis, marines, fleet vehicles and other heavy- duty vehicles. The numerous applications of natural gas engines from electricity generation, to the transportation in power and automotive sectors are driving the market.
Middle East and Africa natural gas engine market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 5.5% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Middle East and Africa natural gas engine market is segmented into three notable segments which are engine family, power output and application.
On the basis of engine family, the market is segmented into spark ignited engine, dual fuel type engine, and high pressure direct injection. In 2019, spark ignited engine segment is likely to grow at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
• In October 2018, INNIO expanded its Waukesha series of VHP by adding P9394GSI S5 Horsepower to an existing L7042GSI S5 at L7044GSI S5 at 1900 Horsepower & 1500 Horsepower. This expansion helped the company in providing better customer experience as customers are getting better fuel efficiency, improved power and lower operating costs.
• In November 2018, Rolls-Royce came up with its new Gas Engine series, B36:45 for power generation at PowerGen International in Orlando. These new engines will be giving efficiency up to 50% and have features like low fuel consumption and emission levels.
On the basis of power output, the market is segmented into 15KW – 100KW, 100KW – 399KW, 400KW – 800KW, 1000-2000KW, and 3000KW – 4500KW. In 2019, 15KW – 100KW is likely to grow at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
• In January 2019, MAN Engines had supplied of electrical power 470 kWmech to the first natural gas CHP plant to Mexican OEM partner Cysore SA de CV. Its installation has been done at 1800 m above sea level in Mexico. This innovation by MAN Engines will bring growth to the company in Gas Engines Market.
On the basis of application, the market is segmented into natural gas gensets, natural gas automotive, decentralized energy generation (vehicles, gasoline stations). In 2019, natural gas automotive segment is likely to grow at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
• In January 2019, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd has received an order for rehabilitation and maintenance project for Manila Metro rail transit System Line 3 by Philippines. The project was initially carried out by Sumitomo Corporation and been allocated to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd for the maintenance purpose.
• In November 2018, Cummins Inc. announced that it will support the launch of EPA Cleaner Trucks along with the efforts of US Environmental Protection Agency in order to develop a national low NOx rule for on-highway heavy-duty engines. This support will lead to growth of the company at global level.
Some of the major players operating in this market are:
• Cummins Inc.
• Siemens AG
• Doosan Corporation
• Green Power International Pvt. Ltd.
• Yanmar Co. Ltd.
• Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd.
• Rolls Royce plc
• Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
• MAN SE
• Liebherr Group
• Niigata Power Systems Co. Ltd.
• JFE Engineering Corporation
The single user license is non-downloadable and non-printable. Global Site license allows these actions.
Middle East and Africa Natural Gas Engine Market is expected to reach a CAGR of 5.5% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The new market report contains data for historic year 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026. Market Segmentation Engine Family (Spark Ignited Engine, Dual Fuel Type Engine, High Pressure Direct Injection), Power Output (15KW–100KW, 100KW–399KW, 400KW–800KW, 1000-2000KW, 3000KW–4500KW), Application (Natural Gas Gensets, Natural Gas Automotive, Decentralized Energy Generation), Country (South Africa and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Major growing sectors under the market segmentation are as follows: • In engine family, spark ignited engine segment is growing at the highest CAGR due to increasing adoption of engines in various applications. • In power output, 15KW – 100KW segment is growing at the highest CAGR due to high rise in smaller and portable applications. • In application, natural gas automotive segment is growing at the highest CAGR due to increased sales in vehicles and automotive industry. Key Market Players The key market players for Middle East & Africa natural gas engine market are listed below: • Cummins Inc. • Siemens • Caterpillar • MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES LTD., • INNIO • Doosan Corporation • DEUTZ AG • Wartsila • GPI • YANMAR CO. LTD., • Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd. • Rolls-Royce plc • MAN SE • Liebherr • Niigata Power Systems Co. Ltd. • JFE Engineering Corporation • Westport • Others
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook