Middle East and Africa Flame Retardant Thermoplastics Market – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
By Type (Polyamide, Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene, Polycarbonate, Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene Blends, Polypropylene, Polyphenylenoxide, PBT/PET – Thermoplastic Polyesters), Coating (Brominated Flame Retardants, Phosphorus Flame Retardants, Antimony Trioxide, Alumina Trihydrate), Application (Electronics & Electrical, Building & Construction, Transportation, Industrial, Consumer Goods, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Agriculture), Country (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, Egypt, Israel, Rest of Middle East and Africa)
Flame retardant thermoplastics are developed to reduce the fire risks starting in due to any electrical fault or contact with any heat source. The flame retardant thermoplastics tend to slow down the combustion and often help preventing the fire spread. Therefore flame retardant thermoplastics will interfere with the potential fire hazard by delaying or preventing its propagation and resisting ignition by extinguishing flames.
Various parameters are to be taken care of while developing and formulating flame retardant thermoplastic compounds, such as combustibility, ignitability, flame spread, heat release, smoke development, and fire gas toxicity.
Depending on application type and end-user, flame retardant thermoplastics can be made of several polymers, such as polypropylene, nylon or polyamide, polycarbonate, acrylonitrile butadiene styrene, polybutylene terephthalate, polycarbonate/acrylonitrile butadiene styrene alloy, polycarbonate/acrylic alloy, and thermoplastic vulcanizate elastomers. Flame retardant technology is used in wide range of applications, such as in electrical & electronics industry, injection-molded wire nuts for electrical sockets, components used in microwaves, refrigerators, ovens, dishwashers, and dryers.
Middle East and Africa flame retardant thermoplastics market is segmented into three notable segments which are type, coating and application.
• On the basis of type, the market is segmented into acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS), polypropylene (PP), polyamide (PA), PBT/PET – thermoplastic polyesters, PC – polycarbonate, PC/ABS – polycarbonate/acrylonitrile butadiene styrene blends, PPO – polyphenylenoxide, others. Polyamide is further sub-segmented into PA66, PA6, others.
• On the basis of coating, the market is segmented into alumina trihydrate, brominated flame retardants, antimony trioxide, phosphorus flame retardants, others.
• On the basis of application, the market is segmented into industrial, building & construction, transportation, electronics & electrical, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, agriculture, oil & gas, others. The building & construction segment is further sub-segmented into commercial buildings, residential buildings.
The key market players are listed below:
• Covestro AG
• LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V.
• EMS-CHEMIE HOLDING AG
• Mitsubishi Engineering-Plastics Corporation
• LOTTE ADVANCED MATERIALS CO., LTD.
• LATI Industria Termoplastici S.p.A.
• Idemitsu Kosan Co.,Ltd.
• Radici Partecipazioni SpA
• LG Chem.
• TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC.
• RTP Company
• BASF SE
• PMC Group, Inc.
• Asahi Kasei Corporation
The single user license is non-downloadable and non-printable. Global Site license allows these actions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook