Global Instrument Cluster Market – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
By Vehicle Category (Passenger Car, Commercial Vehicle, Two-Wheeler, Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV), Agriculture Vehicle, and Others), Vehicle Type (Internal Combustion vehicle (ICV), Electric Vehicle), Cluster Type (Digital, Analog, and Hybrid), Application (Speedometer, Fuel Gauge, Odometer, Tachometer, and Others), Sales Channel (Original Equipment Manufacturer and Aftermarket),Region (Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa)
Instrument cluster can be defined as instruments that installed in the a vehicle above the steering wheel that displays information related to the vehicle operation such as fuel level, vehicle speed, fuel level and the status of various vehicular systems. This information is generally presented in the form of needle gauges, digital readouts and lighted symbols. The speedometer is main component of the instrument cluster.
Instrument cluster mainly consists of graphics processor that integrated with 2D/3D accelerator, SDR, DDR or Nand Flash Controller, display controller that display graphics information with help of TFT, LCD display. This cluster also integrates with CAN, MOST MLB, LVDS, Ethernet and USB that allow a direct connection to the rest of the network.
Global instrument cluster market is segmented into five notable segments which are vehicle category, vehicle type, cluster type, application and sales channel.
o On the basis of vehicle category, the market is segmented into passenger car, commercial vehicle, two-wheeler, off-highway vehicle (OHV), agriculture vehicle, and others
• In February 2019, Ford Motor Company has updated instrument clusters for their Ecosport SUV in Titanium and Titanium+ trims. This instrument cluster integrates 4.2-inch multi-information display (MID) and chrome ring around tachometer and speedometer. This upgradation provides better driving experience than the older instrument cluster
o On the basis of vehicle type, the market is segmented into internal combustion vehicle (ICV), electric vehicle
• In June 2018, Bosch and Mojjo formed partnership for innovation agreement. Bosch made strategic investment in Mojjo to deliver the advanced connected car services. The innovation will be carried out to detect the crash, diagnostics and notify it on display which will inform the status of vehicle to consumer
o On the basis of cluster type, the market is segmented into digital, analog, and hybrid
• In November 2017, NEC Platforms Ltd and Denso formed the joint venture to develop the car connectivity technology. The both companies will develop the in-vehicle information and communications equipment which will support the car manufacturer to provide on-board information.
o On the basis of application, the market is segmented into speedometer, fuel gauge, odometer, tachometer, and others
• In October, Volkswagen Group launched fully digital instrument cluster for Skoda Karoq. This digital instrument cluster integrated NVDIA’s quad core Tegra 30 chipset
o On the basis of sales channel, the market is segmented into original equipment manufacturer and aftermarket
• In December 2017, DENSO and BlackBerry formed partnership to develop the integrated automobile HMI platform. The partnership will help to develop the advanced technology which provides the safety while driving. The company brand value will get increased through the partnership.
The key players of global instrument cluster market are:
• NIPPON SEIKI CO., LTD
• Continental AG
• Robert Bosch LLC
• Denso Corporation
• Magneti Marelli S.P.A
• Yazaki Corporation
• Visteon Corporation
• Calsonic Kansei Corporation
• Pricol Limited
• Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
• Nvidia Corporation
• Dongfeng Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd.
• Parker Hannifin Corporation
• IAC Group
• Panasonic Corporation
• Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
• Harman International, Inc.
• Kyocera International, Inc.
• Japan Display Inc
• Ford Motor Company
• Desay Corporation
• Renesas Electronics Corporation
The single user license is non-downloadable and non-printable. Global Site license allows these actions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook