Europe POCT Market – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Europe POCT market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 7.6% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026. The new market report contains data for historic year 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.
By Device Type (Handheld and Bench Top), Product (cardio-metabolic monitoring, glucose monitoring, fertility and pregnancy, coagulation monitoring, infectious disease, hematology, tumor marker, urinalysis testing, cholesterol test, drug abuse testing, fecal occult testing and others), Diseases (cardiology, diabetes, gynecology, respiratory diseases, liver diseases and others), Prescription Mode (over the counter and prescription based), End User (laboratories, diagnostic centers, hospitals, home care settings, clinics and ambulance service) and Country (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Denmark, Belgium, Norway, Sweden, Netherlands, Russia, Turkey and Rest of Europe)
Major growing sectors under the market segmentation are as follows:
• In device type segment, the handheld devices segment is growing at the highest CAGR. Handheld devices are dominating the market due to their portable nature and small size which makes them easy to carry and convenient to use. These devices can be used in any kind of setting including emergency care, hospitals and even home care settings. The conienience of using these devices making them easy to use without the supervision of any healthcare professional.
• In product segment, the Cardio-Metabolic Monitoring segment is growing at the highest CAGR. Cardio-Metabolic Monitoring segment is dominating the market as the levels of cardiology related problems are on a rise in Europe and is being a reason for millions of death across Europe Mortality from the disease is rising in central and eastern Europe causing around 4 million death every year this has resulted in a rising demand of in vitro diagnostic tests for this diseases so that they can rapidly be tested and timely prevention can be taken.
• In diseases segment, the Cardiology segment is growing at the highest CAGR. Cardiology segment is dominating the market as the levels of cardiology related problems are on a rise in Europe and is being a reason for millions of death across Europe Mortality from the disease is rising in central and eastern Europe causing arounf 4 million death every year this has resulted in a rising demand of in vitro diagnostic tests for this diseases so that they can rapidly be tested and timely prevention can be taken.
• In prescription mode segment, the over the counter segment is growing at the highest CAGR. Over the counter devices are dominating the market as there is an increase in the prevalence of various diseases and disorders in the recent years which has resulted in the awareness amongst people for constant monitoring of various parameters whether or not they have been suffering from these problems resulting in growth of purchasing these devices for constant monitoring and keeping check of an individual’s biochemical attributes.
• In end-user segment, the laboratory segment is growing at the highest CAGR. Laboratories are dominating the market as the point-of-care treatments have revolutionaries the lab testing as it reduces the time of test by providing rapid test results which helps in reducing the bed time for the patients in the emergency or critical care uits as the decisions can be made faster and with more accuracy.
Key Market Players
The key market players for Europe POCT market are listed below:
• F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
• Holigic Inc.
• Acon Laboratories, Inc.
• Randox Laboratories, Ltd.
• Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
• Trivitron Healthcare
• Clarity Diagnostics
• Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd.
• Becton Dickinson and Company
• Nova Biomedical
• Trinity Biotech
• Chembio Diagnostic Systems Inc.
• Sysmex Corporation
• Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
• Biomérieux SA.
The single user license is non-downloadable and non-printable. Global Site license allows these actions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook