Asia-Pacific Anticoagulation Therapy Market – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
By Treatment (Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), Pulmonary Embolism (PE), Arterial Thromboembolism (AT), Stroke, Others), Therapeutic Class (Novel Oral Anticoagulants (NOAC), Heparin, Vitamin K Antagonists, Others), Drug Type (Bivalirudin, Dabigatran , Edoxaban, Betrixaban, Rivaroxaban , Apixaban, Enoxaparin, Dalteparin, Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Parenteral), Therapeutic Area (Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Oncology, Nephrology, CNS, Others), Procedure (Pre-Surgical Procedures, Post-Surgical Procedures, Kidney Dialysis, Heart Valve Replacement), Type (Generics, Branded), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Homecare, Ambulatory Surgical Centres, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies), Country (Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
Anticoagulation therapy is a medication used in prevention of blood clots formation and to uphold blood vessels open. Anticoagulants are usually called as blood thinners but in reality it do not thin the blood but only helps to prevent or to reduce blood clot formation/thrombi. There are various anticoagulants available in the market such as vitamin K antagonists, heparin and novel oral anticoagulation which is used for prophylaxis/treatment of various thromboembolic disorders, such as heart attack (myocardial infarction), stroke and deep venous thrombosis (DVT).
The application of anticoagulation therapy includes prophylaxis/treatment of blood clots in DET/PE/AF, to reduce the chances of systemic embolism and stroke, treatment of thrombosis in heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT) patients and HIT patients undergoing through percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), prevention of venous thromboembolic events (VTE) in patients who have undergone elective total hip replacement (THR)/total knee replacement (TKR) surgery.
Asia-Pacific anticoagulation therapy market is segmented into nine notable segments which are treatment, therapeutic class, drug type, route of administration, therapeutic area, procedure, type, end user and distribution channel.
• On the basis of treatment, the market is segmented into deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism (PE), arterial thromboembolism (AT), stroke and others
• On the basis of therapeutic class, the market is segmented into novel oral anticoagulation (NOAC), heparin, vitamin k antagonists and others
• On the basis of drug type, the market is segmented into bivalirudin, dabigatran, edoxaban, betrixaban, rivaroxaban, apixaban, enoxaparin, delteparin and others
• On the basis of route of administration, the market is segmented into oral and injectable
• On the basis of therapeutic area, the market is segmented into cardiovascular diseases, oncology, respiratory, nephrology, CNS and others
• On the basis of procedure, the market is segmented into pre-surgical procedures, post-surgical procedures, kidney dialysis and heart valve replacement
• On the basis of type, the market is segmented into generics and branded
• On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, homecare, ambulatory surgical centers and others
• On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy and online pharmacy
Some of the major players operating in this market are as follows:
• Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC
• Mylan N.V.
• Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
• Novartis AG
• Eisai Co., Ltd.
• Pfizer Inc.
• F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
• Fresenius Kabi AG
• Aspen Holdings
• Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical（Group）Co., Ltd.
• Cipla Inc
• Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
• Bayer AG
• Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
• Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
• DAIICHI SANKYO COMPANY, LIMITED
• Eagle Pharmaceuticals, Inc
• Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc
• Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation
• Portola Pharmaceuticals, Inc
• Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
The single user license is non-downloadable and non-printable. Global Site license allows these actions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook