Scope of the Report
The report titled “The US Hospice Care Market: Size, Trends & Forecasts (2018-2022)” provides an analysis of the US hospice care market with comprehensive analysis of market sizing and growth. The analysis includes market size in terms of spending, and by number of users. A brief analysis of the US post-acute care market is also provided in the report.
Furthermore, the report also assesses the key opportunities available in the market and outlines the factors that are and will be driving the growth of the industry. Growth of the US hospice care market has also been forecasted for the period 2018-2022, taking into consideration the previous growth patterns, the growth drivers and the current and future trends.
The competition in the US hospice care market is highly fragmented but majority of market share is dominated by few major players such Chemed Corporation, Kindred Healthcare, Inc., Amedisys Inc., and LHC Group Inc. whose company profiling has been done in the report, which include their business overview, financial overview and respective business strategies.
Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
LHC Group, Inc.
Post-acute care is a range of services that complement the care delivered by an acute care hospital after an illness or injury. Patients who require post-acute services are those who are no longer in critical situation but still need quality care and services. Such patients are usually discharged to post-acute care setting such as home health and hospice centers, skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) and long-term acute-care hospitals (LTACs).
Hospice care is end-of-life care. It is generally opted by patients with life span of not more than six months. The main purpose of hospice care is to focus on quality of life of the patient rather than curative measures. Hospice care can be provided in any setting such as home, nursing home, assisted living facility, and inpatient hospital. Professionals involved in hospice care try to control pain and other discomforts so that the patient remains comfortable as much as possible.
The US hospice care market, has shown rising trends over the past few years and anticipations are made that the market would gain momentum over the forecasted period i.e. 2018 to 2022. The market is expected to grow on the back of aging population, rising healthcare expenditure, increasing prevalence of multiple chronic conditions, technological advancements, mergers and acquisitions in the industry. Yet the growth of the market is obstructed by factors such as lack of interoperability, inadequate workforce, and regulatory compliance.
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Introduction
- 2.1 Overview of Post-Acute Care
- 2.1.1 Post-Acute Care Segments
- Table 1: Post-Acute Care Segments
- 2.2 Overview of Hospice Care
- 2.2.1 Hospice Market Characteristics
- Table 2: Hospice Care Market Characteristics
- 3. Market Analysis
- 3.1 The US Post-Acute Care Market Analysis
- 3.1.1 The US Post-Acute Care Market by Spending
- Table 3: The US Post-Acute Care Market by Spending; 2013-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Table 4: The US Post-Acute Care Market by Spending; 2018-2022E (US$ Billion)
- 3.1.2 The US Post-Acute Care Market by Number of Providers
- Table 5: The US Post-Acute Care Market by Number of Providers; 2007-2015
- 3.1.3 The US Post-Acute Care Market by Segments (Hospice Care, Others)
- Table 6: The US Post-Acute Care Market by Segments; 2017
- 3.2 The US Hospice Care Market Analysis
- 3.2.1 The US Hospice Care Market Outlook
- Table 7: The US Hospice Care Market Outlook
- 3.2.2 The US Hospice Care Market by Spending
- Table 8: The US Hospice Care Market by Spending; 2014-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Table 9: The US Hospice Care Market by Spending; 2018-2022E (US$ Billion)
- 3.2.3 The US Hospice Care Market by Number of Users
- Table 10: The US Hospice Care Market by Number of Users; 2014-2017 (Million)
- Table 11: The US Hospice Care Market by Number of Users; 2018-2022E (Million)
- 4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Growth Drivers
- 4.1.1 Aging Population
- Table 12: Share of Old Age Population (65 years and Older) in the Total US Population; 1990-2020 (%)
- 4.1.2 Increasing Prevalence of Multiple Chronic Conditions
- Table 13: Percentage of US Adults with Chronic Conditions, by Number of Chronic Conditions; 2017
- 4.1.3 Rising Healthcare Expenditure
- Table 14: The US Healthcare Expenditure; 1990-2020 (%)
- 4.1.4 Rising Medicare Spending on Post-Acute-Care
- 4.2 Challenges
- 4.2.1 Lack of Interoperability
- 4.2.2 Inadequate Workforce
- 4.2.3 Regulatory Compliance
- 4.3 Market Trends
- 4.3.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
- 4.3.2 Technological Advancements
- 4.3.3 Advanced Directives
- 5. Competitive Landscape
- 5.1 The US Hospice Care Market by Players
- Table 15: The US Hospice Care Market by Players; 2017
- 5.2 The US Hospice Care Market Players by Number of Hospice Centers
- Table 16: The US Hospice Care Market Players by Number of Hospice Centers; 2017
- 6. Company Profiles
- 6.1 Chemed Corporation
- 6.1.1 Business Overview
- 6.1.2 Financial Overview
- Table 17: Chemed Corporation Revenue; 2015-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Table 18: VITAS Healthcare Revenue; 2015-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Table 19: VITAS Healthcare Revenue by Segments; 201
- 6.1.3 Business Strategy
- 6.2 Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
- 6.2.1 Business Overview
- 6.2.2 Financial Overview
- Table 20: Kindred Healthcare, Inc. Revenue; 2013-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Table 21: Kindred Healthcare, Inc. Hospice Revenue; 2015-2017 (US$ Million)
- Table 22: Kindred Healthcare, Inc. Revenue by Segments; 2017
- 6.3 Amedisys, Inc.
- 6.3.1 Business Overview
- 6.3.2 Financial Overview
- Table 23: Amedisys, Inc. Revenue; 2013-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Table 24: Amedisys, Inc. Hospice Segment Revenue; 2015-2017 (US$ Million)
- Table 25: Amedisys, Inc. Revenue by Segments; 2017
- 6.3.3 Business Strategy
- 6.4 LHC Group, Inc.
- 6.4.1 Business Overview
- 6.4.2 Financial Overview
- Table 26: LHC Group, Inc. Revenue; 2012-2016 (US$ Million)
- Table 27: LHC Group, Inc. Revenue by Segments; 2017
- 6.4.3 Business Strategy