Global MMORPG Gaming Market: Size, Trends & Forecasts (2017-2021)
Scope of the Report
The report entitled “Global MMORPG Gaming Market: Size, Trends & Forecasts (2017-2021)” provides an in-depth analysis of the global MMORPG gaming market with market size and growth. The analysis includes market size in terms of value and market by penetration rate. The report also includes global games market in terms of value and market share by segments/platform and by geography.
Furthermore, the report also assesses the key opportunities available in the market and outlines the market dynamics that are and will be accountable for growth of the industry. Growth of the global MMORPG gaming market has also been forecasted for the period 2017-2021, taking into consideration previous growth outlines, growth drivers and the existing and forthcoming trends.
The global MMORPG gaming market is highly fragmented due to the presence of large number of large, medium and small players who are competing with each other. A brief company profiling of major players like Activision Blizzard, Inc., Electronic Arts Inc., Netease, Inc. and Nexon Co. Ltd. Has been provided in the report on the basis of aspects like business overview, financial overview and business strategies adopted by respective companies.
Activision Blizzard, Inc.
Electronic Arts Inc
Nexon Co. Ltd.
In the world of entertainment which consists of movies, music, games etc., online gaming is gaining more popularity as compared to music and film industry. Launch of a large number of adventurous games which include the PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo, and more, provide gamers a more enjoyable and thrilling experience as compared to movies of long duration. An online game is that category of games which needs an internet connection and can enable two or more players to participate at the same time from different locations. These online games can also be played through consoles, smartphones and tablets or via peer-to-peer networks.
MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games) are sub-genre of MMO games. MMORPG takes place in a persistent state world where thousands or millions of players are playing simultaneously and develop their own characters in a role-playing environment. The virtual world of this game is never static because the events would take place across the game even if the player is logged off.
The global MMORPG gaming market has increased at a significant growth rate over the past few years and projections are made that the market would grow at a rapid pace in the forecasted period i.e. 2017 to 2021. The global MMORPG gamin market is expected to grow on the back of rising smartphone penetration globally, rapid evolution of internet, emergence of console version of MMORPGs, emergence of gamification, technological advancements such as facial recognition and 3D scanning etc. Yet the growth of the market is restrained by some factors such as prevalence of piracy, fraudulent gaming activities, connectivity issues etc.
- 1. Executive Summary
- 2. Introduction
- 2.1 Overview of Online Game
- 2.1.1 Types of Online Games: On the basis of Device
- Table 1: Types of Online Games on the basis of Device
- 2.1.2 Types of Online Games: On the basis of Genre
- Table 2: Types of Online Games on the basis of Genre
- 2.2 Overview of MMORPG
- 2.2.1 Types of Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG)
- Table 3: Types of Massively Multiplayer Online Game (MMOG)
- 3. Global Market Analysis
- 3.1 Global Games Market Analysis
- 3.1.1 Global Games Market by Value
- Table 4: Global Games Market by Value; 2014-2016 (US$ Billion)
- Table 5: Global Games Market by Value; 2017-2021E (US$ Billion)
- 3.1.2 Global Games Market by Segments
- Table 6: Global Games Market by Segments; 2016
- 3.1.3 Global Games Market by Region
- Table 7: Global Games Market by Region; 2016
- 3.2 Global MMORPG Gaming Market Analysis
- 3.2.1 Global MMORPG Gaming Market by Value
- Table 8: Global MMORPG Gaming Market by Value; 2014-2016 (US$ Billion)
- Table 9: Global MMORPG Gaming Market by Value; 2017-2021E (US$ Billion)
- 3.2.2 Global MMORPG Gaming Market by Penetration Rate
- Table 10: Global MMORPG Gaming Market by Penetration Rate; 2014-2016 (%)
- Table 11: Global MMORPG Gaming Market by Penetration Rate; 2017-2021E (%)
- 4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Growth Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rising Global Smartphone Penetration
- Table 12: Smartphone Penetration Rate; 2014-2020E (%)
- 4.1.2 Rapid Evolution of Internet
- Table 13: Global Internet Users; 2014-2020E (Billions)
- 4.1.3 Availability of High-End Audio Visual Systems
- 4.1.4 Rising Online Multiplayer Games
- 4.1.5 Development of Android Platforms
- 4.2 Challenges
- 4.2.1 Difficulty in Delivering Gaming Content Online
- 4.2.2 Hardware and Connectivity Issues
- 4.2.3 Prevalence of Piracy
- 4.2.4 Fraudulent Gaming Activities
- 4.3 Market Trends
- 4.3.1 Incorporation of E-Sports
- 4.3.2 Technological Advancements
- 4.3.3 Emergence of Gamification
- 4.3.4 Growth of Virtual Currency and Microtransactions
- 4.3.5 Entry to Console Market
- Table 14: Console Version of Top-Ranked MMORPGs in North America
- 5. Competitive Landscape
- 5.1 Global MMORPG Gaming Market Players by Financial Comparison
- Table 15: Global MMORPG Gaming Market Players by Financial Comparison; 2016
- 5.2 Global MMORPG Gaming Market Players by Sales Growth
- Table 16: Global MMORPG Gaming Market Players by Sales Growth; 2017-18 (%)
- 6. Company Profiling
- 6.1 Activision Blizzard, Inc.
- 6.1.1 Business Overview
- 6.1.2 Financial Overview
- Table 17: Activision Blizzard, Inc. Revenue; 2012-2016 (US$ Billion)
- Table 18: Activision Blizzard, Inc. Revenue by Segments; 2016
- Table19: Activision Blizzard, Inc. Revenue by Distribution Channel; 2016
- Table 20: Activision Blizzard, Inc. Revenue by Geography; 2016
- 6.1.3 Business Strategy
- 6.2 Electronic Arts Inc.
- 6.2.1 Business Overview
- 6.2.2 Financial Overview
- Table 21: Electronic Arts Inc. Revenue; 2013-2017 (US$ Billion)
- Table 22: Electronic Arts Inc. Revenue by Segments; 2017
- Table 23: Electronic Arts Inc. Revenue by Composition; 2017
- 6.2.3 Business Strategy
- 6.3 Netease, Inc.
- 6.3.1 Business Overview
- Table 24: List of Netease Online Games
- 6.3.2 Financial Overview
- Table 25: Netease, Inc. Revenue; 2012-2016 (US$ Billion)
- Table 26: Netease, Inc. Revenue by Segments; 2016
- 6.3.3 Business Strategy
- 6.4 Nexon Co. Ltd.
- 6.4.1 Business Overview
- 6.4.2 Financial Overview
- Table 27: Nexon Co. Ltd. Revenue; 2012-2016 (US$ Million)
- 6.4.3 Business Strategy