The US Arms and Ammunitions Market: Size, Trends & Forecasts (2018-2022)
Scope of the Report
The report titled “The US Arms and Ammunitions Market: Size, Trends & Forecasts (2018-2022)”, provides an in-depth analysis of the US arms and ammunitions market by value, by export and by import.
The report also assesses the key opportunities in the market and outlines the factors that are and will be driving the growth of the industry. Growth of the overall US arms and ammunitions market has also been forecasted for the period 2018-2022, taking into consideration the previous growth patterns, the growth drivers and the current and future trends.
The US arms and ammunition market is fragmented with number of players contributing in the revenue generation of the market. The companies in the firearms and ammunitions industry vary between small arms manufacturers to large multibillion-dollar defense contractors, with many companies serving both the civilian and military markets.
Further, key players of the US arms and ammunitions market General Dynamics Corp., Vista Outdoor Inc. and Remington Outdoor Company are also profiled with their financial information and respective business strategies.
General Dynamics Corp.
Vista Outdoor Inc.
Remington Outdoor Company
Manufacturing weapons and associated technology and equipment are a part of firearms and ammunition industry. This involves research, development and production of firearms and fall under the category of commercial sector. The task of industry operators includes designing and manufacturing of small arms, bombs, ordnances, ammunitions, artillery and related parts.
A firearm is a mechanical device that uses pressure from a burning powder to force a bullet through and out of a metal tube; a weapon, especially a pistol or rifle, capable of firing a projectile and using an explosive charge as a propellant.
Modern ammunition varies depending on the type of firearm. Rifles and handguns use a cartridge containing a single bullet.
On the basis of product and services, firearms and ammunition industry can be broadly categorized into four types: small arms and machine guns, small arms ammunition, other ammunition and ordnance & accessories.
On the basis of major end-users of the firearm and ammunition include export, military, and civilians and law enforcement.
Standard Industrial Classification (SIC) Codes are the numerical codes, assigned by the US government to business establishments. These are four digit codes, which are used to identify the primary business of the establishment (company).
The US Arms and Ammunitions market has increased at a significant CAGR during the years 2015-2017 and projections are made that the market would rise in the next four years i.e. 2018-2022 tremendously. The US arms and ammunitions market is expected to increase due to increasing investments in industry and increasing exports of arms and ammunitions, etc. Yet the market faces some challenges such as, illegal sales of weapons and firearms, etc.
- 1. The US Arms and Ammunition Market Snapshot
- 1.1 Industry Definition
- 1.1.1 Firearms and Ammunitions: An Introduction
- 1.1.2 Segmentation: On The Basis of Products and Services
- Table 1: Types of Firearms: On the Basis of Product & Services
- 1.1.3 Segmentation : On The Basis of End Users
- Table 2: Types of Firearms: On the Basis of End-Users
- 1.2 SIC Classification
- 1.2.1 SIC Classification: An Overview
- Table 3: Reading of SIC Code
- 1.2.2 SIC Classification Example
- 1.3 Arms and Ammunition Market Overview
- 1.3.1 The US Arms and Ammunition Market by Value
- Table 4: The US Arms and Ammunition Market by Value; 2015-2017
- 1.3.2 The US Arms and Ammunition Market by Import
- Table 5: The US Arms and Ammunition Market by Import; 2013-2017
- 1.3.3 The US Arms and Ammunition Market Import by Region (Austria, Italy, Germany, UK, Other)
- Table 6: The US Arms and Ammunition Import by Region; 2017
- 1.3.4 The US Arms and Ammunition Market by Export
- Table 7: The US Arms and Ammunition Market by Export; 2013-2017
- 1.3.5 The US Arms and Ammunition Market Export by Region (UAE, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Canada, Other)
- Table 8: The US Arms and Ammunition Export by Region; 2017
- 1.4 Arms and Ammunition Market Segments
- 1.4.1 The US Arms and Ammunition Market by Product & Service (Small Arms & Machine Guns, Small Arms Ammunition, Other Ammunition, Ordnance & Accessories)
- Table 9: The US Arms and Ammunition Market by Product & Services; 2017
- 1.4.2 The US Arms and Ammunition Market by End Markets (Civilians, Military, Law Enforcement)
- Table 10: The US Arms and Ammunition Market by End Markets; 2017
- 2. The US Arms and Ammunition Industry Analysis
- 2.1 Industry Developments
- 2.2 Regulatory Structure
- 2.3 Market Drivers
- 2.3.1 Increasing Investments in the Industry
- Table 11: Local & State Government Investment; 2014-2019 (Percentage, %)
- 2.3.2 Growing Exports of Arms and Ammunitions
- Table 12: The US Export of Arms and Ammunition YOY Growth; 2014-2019 (Percentage, %)
- 2.3.3 Rising Terrorist Activities
- Table 13: Number of Terrorist Attacks in the US; 2010-2016
- 2.4 Key Issues
- 2.4.1 Increasing Homicide and Murders
- Table 14: Total Homicides in the US; 2014-2016
- 2.4.2 Illegal Sales of Firearms and Weapons
- 3. Country Analysis
- 3.1 Key Facts
- Table 15: Key Facts
- 3.2 Political Environment
- 3.3 Macroeconomic Indicators
- 3.3.1 Shift of Non-Military Firearms
- 3.3.2 The US Public Perception Towards Arms and Ammunitions
- 4. The US Arms and Ammunition Market Competition Assessment
- 4.1 Competitive Scenario
- 4.1.1 The US Arms and Ammunition Market Players by Share
- Table 16: The US Arms and Ammunition Market Players by Share; 2017 (Percentage,%)
- 4.2 Competitors At-a-Glance
- 4.2.1 The US Arms and Ammunitions Market Players Overview
- 4.2.2 General Dynamics Corp. Business Strategy
- 4.2.3 Vista Outdoor Inc. Business Strategy
- 4.2.4 Remington Outdoor Company Business Strategy
- 4.3 Sales and Earning Analysis
- Table 17: The US Arms and Ammunition Market by Player Sales and Earning Analysis; 2017
- 5. Company Profiles of Leading Players
- 5.1 General Dynamics Corp.
- 5.1.1 Business Overview
- 5.1.2 Financial Overview
- Table 18: General Dynamics Revenue; 2013-2017 (US$ Billion)
- 5.2 Vista Outdoor Inc.
- 5.2.1 Business Overview
- 5.2.2 Financial Overview
- Table 19: Vista Outdoor Inc. Revenue; 2013-14 – 2017-18 (US$ Billion)
- 5.3 Remington Outdoor Company
- 5.3.1 Business Overview
- 5.3.2 Financial Overview
- Table 20: Remington Outdoor Company Revenue; 2013-2017 (US$ Million)
- 6. The US Arms and Ammunition Market Forecast
- 6.1 Industry Estimates
- 6.1.1 The US Arms and Ammunition Market Forecast by Value
- Table 21: The US Arms and Ammunition Market Forecast by Value; 2018-2022 (US$ Billion)
- 6.1.2 The US Arms and Ammunition Market Forecast by Exports
- Table 22: The US Arms and Ammunition Market Forecast by Export; 2018-2022 (US$ Billion)
- 6.1.3 The US Arms and Ammunition Market Forecast by Imports
- Table 23: The US Arms and Ammunition Market Forecast by Import; 2018-2022 (US$ Billion)
- 6.2 Future Trends
- 6.2.1 Increasing Strategic Mergers & Acquisitions
- 6.2.2 India to Sign BECA and COMCASA