United Arab Emirates Plant Protein Business and Investment Opportunities (2018-2027) Insight Series – White Space / Gap Analysis, Product Strategy, Innovation and Brand Share Analysis, Competitive Landscape, Market Size Across 50+ Segments - Updated in Q1, 2021
The demand for plant-based food is growing in the United Arab Emirates. The increasing consumer demand for alternative meat is primarily motivated by health reasons, while the ethical and environmental impact of growing traditional meat products also remains a factor. Over the last few years, these factors have made inroads for the plant-based diet among consumers in the UAE.
According to ConsumerIntel360’s Q4 2020 Global Plant Protein Survey, higher disposable income among the expanding middle-class population in the country is disrupting food consumption trends, while driving the demand for high-quality plant-based products. Moreover, consumers in the UAE are increasingly evaluating the ethical credentials of the brands - including their sustainability policies - before purchasing the products. Plant-based meatless burgers have been a major hit among the consumers in the UAE.
The competitive landscape in the alternative protein sector has changed quite dramatically in the UAE parallel to the rise of the plant-based industry in other major economies. It has grown from being a niche alternative to a product for the mainstream in the last few years. Meat alternatives are presently the star of the plant protein industry with global companies including Beyond Meat, Impossible Foods, Tofurky, Fazenda Futuro, and other startups generating the majority of the consumer interest.
Dubai is a house to the largest plant-based restaurant in the world. Veganity - a startup geared towards veganism - offers more than 200 dishes from all over the world. Some of their plant-based dishes include vegan fried chicken and meatball pasta.
An increasing number of people in the country are looking to include dairy alternatives as well in their diet. Koita Foods, a dairy company based in Dubai, launched a new range of plant-based milk alternatives back in 2018. Their products are available in over 500 retailers and partners including hotels and hospitals across the country.
As the plant-based product industry continues to grow in the country, more global companies are anticipated to bring their product offerings to the consumers in the UAE. The presence of one of the largest foods and beverage trade exhibition is also supporting the market growth. During the 2019 Gulfood Agenda in Dubai, plant-based companies from all around the world arrived at the World Trade Centre to display their plant-based meat alternatives.
The plant protein market in United Arab Emirates has recorded a strong growth with a CAGR of 31.7% during 2018-2020. According to ConsumerIntel360’s Q4 2020 Global Plant Protein Survey, plant protein sector in United Arab Emirates is becoming one of the most disruptive forces in the consumer food industry. There are a series of innovative launches from large consumer food companies and start-ups in the country, fundamentally redefining the protein consumption dynamics.
As the food manufacturers go aggressive on gaining market share in this high growth segment, understanding strategic initiatives, product claims, ingredients, and changing consumer preferences in a structured way will be important.
Growth of the plant protein industry has been positively impacted due to the Covid-19 outbreak. Adoption of plant protein products is expected to increase significantly over the next 4-6 quarters.
Plant protein industry is expected to continue to grow in United Arab Emirates over the forecast period. It is expected to record a CAGR of 21.4% during 2021-2027. The plant protein consumption in the country will increase from US$ 67.3 million in 2020 to reach US$ 276.0 million by 2027.
This business intelligence report from ConsumerIntel360 aims to analyze market opportunities and risks in plant protein industry in United Arab Emirates. This report offers a detailed view of market opportunity by end user segments, product categories, ingredients, applications, key cities, competing protein segments, price point, and shift in consumption by consumer demographics. In addition, for each product category, this report details demand gap / white space analysis, competitive landscape, brand share, claims analysis, and ingredient analysis.
• White Space Analysis: For each product category, this report provides market opportunities across price point and key end-use segments.
• Product Innovation: Captures key innovative plant protein product launches in United Arab Emirates along with claims, product positioning and targeting.
• Competitive Landscape and Brand Share Analysis: Provides a snapshot of overall competitive landscape and brand share by product category.
• Product Claims Analysis: Provides a detailed view on top claims and emerging claims, offering insights into changing targeting strategy adopted by leading plant protein manufacturers.
• Changing Consumer Preferences: Quantified details on changing consumer preferences along with forecast.
• Plant Protein Consumption by Ingredients: Provides a detailed view of opportunities across key plant protein ingredients (Soy, Pea, Beans & Lentils, Hemp, Flaxseed, Pumpkin & Other Seeds, Brown Rice, Quinoa, Spirulina & Seaweed, and Nuts)
• Plant Protein Sales by Channel: Sales breakdown by online vs. offline channels.
• Plant Protein Sales by Retail Outlet: Sales breakdown by retail outlets grouped by four categories – Diversified Stores, Pharmaceutical & Wellness Stores, Healthcare and Fitness Centers, and Specialist Sports Stores.
• Plant Protein Consumption by Functional Product Type: Plant protein consumption breakdown by 3 segments – Ready to Eat, Ready to Drink, Ready to Mix, and Ready to Cook.
• Plant Protein Consumption by Product Categories: Detailed market size and forecast by eight product categories – Nutrition Supplements, Protein Bars, Sports Nutrition, Meal Alternative, Dairy Alternatives, Meat Alternatives, Bakery Products, and Infant Formulas.
• Plant Protein Consumption by Price Points: Plant protein demand analysis by price points – Premium, Mid-Tier, and Low End.
• Plant Protein Consumption by Cities: Plant protein demand analysis by key cities grouped under three segments – Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.
• Plant Protein Consumption by Consumer Demographics: Plant protein demand / consumption analysis by age, gender, and income levels.
This research report provides in-depth analysis of plant protein industry in United Arab Emirates, providing white space / gap analysis, product innovation, product claims analysis, and brand share analysis, competitive landscape, market size across 50+ segments. Below is the taxonomy, providing detailed scope of coverage.
United Arab Emirates Plant Protein Market Dynamics – Strategy & Innovation
• Competitive Landscape Snapshot
• White Space / Demand Gap Analysis by Product Category
• Brand Share by Product Category
• Key Innovative Launches
• Insights on Market Dynamics
United Arab Emirates Plant Protein Market Size by Ingredients
• Beans & Lentils
• Flaxseed, Pumpkin & Other
• Brown Rice
• Spirulina & Seaweed
United Arab Emirates Plant Protein Market Size by Product Categories
• Nutrition Supplements
• Protein Bars
• Sports Nutrition
• Meal Alternative
• Dairy Alternatives
• Meat Alternatives
• Bakery Products
• Infant Formulas
United Arab Emirates Plant Protein Market Size by Functional Segments
• Ready to Mix
• Ready to Eat
• Ready to Drink
• Ready to Cook
United Arab Emirates Plant Protein Market Share Analysis by Sales Channels
United Arab Emirates Plant Protein Market Share Analysis by Type of Retail Outlet
• Pharmaceutical & Medical Store
• Grocery Retailers
• Health and Wellness Stores
• Specialist Sports Store
United Arab Emirates Plant Protein Market Size by Retail Sales Pricing
• Low End
United Arab Emirates Plant Protein Market Size by Cities
• Tier 1 Cities
• Tier 2 Cities
• Tier 3 Cities
United Arab Emirates Plant Protein Consumption by Demographics
Key Plant Protein Brands in UAE (based on consumer popularity)
• Women's Best
• Alaya Naturals
• BEN & JERRY'S
• Beyond Meat
• Bob's Red Mill
• Brooklyn Creamery
• DR. PRAEGER'S
• Earth Goods
• Garden of Life
• GOOD LIFE
• HSN Essentials
• Isola Bio
• Linda Mccartney's
• LORD OF TOFU
• Madre Labs
• NATURE'S FINEST
• Nature's Plus
• Now Foods
• Optimum Nutrition
• ORGANIC LARDER
• So Good
• Sprout Living
• STRONG ROOTS
• TRIBE Nutrition
Reasons to Buy
• Market Opportunity: Get detailed understanding of plant protein market opportunity in United Arab Emirates across 50+ segments.
• White Space Analysis: Understand gap in demand / supply across product categories and identify unique opportunities.
• Competitive Landscape & Brand Share: Get a detailed view on competitive landscape along with key brands across plant protein product categories.
• Strategy & Innovation: In-depth understanding of strategies adopted to gain market share along with a snapshot of key innovative plant protein product launches.
• Consumer Preference & Buying Behaviour: Gain insights into changing consumer consumption & buying preferences across plant protein product categories.
• Distribution Channel: Fine tune sales and distribution strategy by focusing on right channels to maximize ROI.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook