Durban (South Africa) Building Construction Industry (Databook Series) – Market Size & Forecast (2012 – 2021) by Value and Volume across 20+ Market Segments in Building Construction (Residential, Commercial, Industrial, Institutional by Key Cities), Key Trends, Drivers, and Risk Assessment
South Africa construction industry is predicted to grow at a good pace from 2017 till 2021. This is attributed to economic improvements, investor confidence and increasing employment rate. Major contributors towards construction segment will be transport and logistics infrastructure construction, building of energy production facilities and extension of lost cost residential apartments. Construction of new residential buildings is likely to be supported by Government endeavours to balance demand and supply matrix in terms of social housing. Steady urbanization is also expected to influence residential and infrastructure construction.
The government plans to invest over US$ 60 billion on public sector infrastructure over Medium-Term Expenditure Framework (MTEF) period as per 2017 budget. Another US$ 9-10 billion is likely to be invested towards development of road infrastructure in coming 3 years. In order to meet the housing demand for lower and middle income groups, 1.6 million residential units will be constructed under Human Settlements Housing Program by 2019.
Despite challenging economic conditions, investment volume in real estate segment increased significantly. Investment transaction has been significant in Gauteng that accounted for a significant share of total investment value in 2016 and first of 2017. KwaZulu-Natal and Western Cape has been gaining momentum in terms of investment. In KwaZulu-Natal it has been due to increase in industrial activity.
Building construction industry in Durban is expected to record a CAGR of 14.1% to reach US$ 2,896.1 million by 2021, while in volume terms, it is expected to record a CAGR of 8.7% during the same period.
This report from ConsTrack360 provides market size and forecast in value and volume terms across 20+ construction markets in Durban, tracking 50+ KPIs. It details market size & forecast, emerging trends, market opportunities, and investment risks in building construction industry.
• Durban Market Data by Value and Volume: This report provides market size and forecast across 20+ construction segments for a period of 10 years from 2012-2021 in Durban, both in value and volume terms.
• Durban Residential Building Construction Coverage: 10-year market size & forecast in value and volume terms in Durban by – housing type (multi family, single family), price point / income level (luxury, mid-tier, affordable), construction stage (new construction, re-development, maintenance)
• Durban Commercial Building Construction Coverage: 10-year market size & forecast in value and volume terms in Durban by – office building, retail building, hospitality and luxury building, restaurant, entertainment, sports facility, construction stage (new construction, re-development, maintenance)
• Durban Industrial Building Construction Coverage: 10-year market size & forecast in value and volume terms in Durban by – manufacturing plants, chemical & pharmaceutical metal & material processing, construction stage (new construction, re-development, maintenance)
• Durban Institutional Building Construction Coverage: 10-year market size & forecast in value and volume terms in Durban by – healthcare construction, educational construction, public convenience, construction stage (new construction, re-development, maintenance)
Reason to Buy
• In-depth Understanding of Construction Market Dynamics in Durban: Understand market opportunity, industry dynamics, key trends and drivers across 20+ market segments and sub-segments of building construction industry.
• Volume and Value Data: Get detailed understanding of the market both from value and volume perspective for historical as well as forecast period in Durban.
• Develop City Specific Strategies: Identify growth segments and target specific opportunities to formulate your strategy; assess market specific key trends, drivers and risks in Durban’s construction industry.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook