A-Share Listed Coal and Commercial Fuel Companies - Profiles and Financial Data
Coal and commercial fuel companies refer to those engaged in the production and exploitation of coal and related products, as well as those that provide commercial fuels related to energy production.
In 2014, explored coal reserve in China was 114.5 billion tons, including 62.2 billion tons of anthracite and bituminous coal which accounted for 54.3% of total coal reserve. The rest 45.7% was taken by sub-bituminous coal and lignite, which totaled to 52.3 billion tons.
In 2016, the production volume of raw coal was 3.41 billion tons, down by 9.0% YOY. This is the third consecutive decrease after the production volume reached 3.97 billion tons in 2013. Inner Mongolia, Shanxi and Shaanxi remain as the most important raw coal production areas in China, accounting for 24.8%, 24.3% and 15.1% of total production volume, respectively.
In 2016, China imported 260 million tons of coal, increasing by 25.2% YOY.
At the end of 2016, the price index of coal was 160, up by 44.1 points over the previous year. Take 5500 Kcal/kg coal at Qinhuangdao port as an example. The price at the end of 2016 was 639 CNY/ton, increasingly significantly from 269 CNY/ton at the end of 2015. In the first half of 2016, coal prices remained low with modest fluctuations. They began to increase rapidly in July and reached the peak of the year at 700 CNY/ton on November, 7. Afterwards, the prices came down.
The Chinese government encourages the use of natural gas in industrial production and daily life to reduce environmental pollution. As a result, it is expected that coal will account for less and less of energy consumption. However, it will remain as the major energy fuel in China.
In this report, CRI analyzes 35 coal and commercial fuel manufacturers listed in A-share market in China.
The report is composed of two parts: the first part is enterprise profiles and the second part is the operation status of these enterprises in the recent decade (presently 2006 to 2016, we will update it to the latest as time goes by).
The operation status is demonstrated from the following perspectives: (1)financial indexes, such as earnings per share, book value per share (BPS), sales per share, net cash flow per share, return on net worth and debt to asset ratio; (2) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (3) indexes on the income statement, such as revenue, operating profit, net profit and EBIT; (4) indexes on the balance sheet, such as liquid asset, fixed asset, current liability, non-current liability, capital reserve and shareholders' equity.
(1) Financial Indexes
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook