Janitorial service revenues turned sluggish since 2007 as recessionary trends moving through the economy causing business and industrial customers to cut back cleaning services. Spending on commercial cleaning services remained sluggish over the recovery as businesses remained cautious. On the other hand, household spending on cleaning services increased at relatively sharp rates as the economy recovered and household finances improved.
These and other trends are uncovered in this up-to-date Catalina First Look on Janitorial Services. This First Look also provides data on revenues by service line, price trends, end-use markets, factors driving demand, employment and labor costs, and the competitive environment. Data is compiled and analyzed from 1997 to the current year and the Executive Summary provides a five year forecast.
Please note: The delivery time for the electronic version of this report is 5 business days to allow for the preparation of an updated version prior to dispatch.
About Catalina First Looks:
- EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- U.S. market sales
- Factors driving demand
- Residential versus commercial work
- Competitive environment
- Outlook and five year forecast
- JANITORIAL SERVICE REVENUES
- U.S. revenues and growth analysis
- Revenues of residential and commercial work
- Service price trends
- Revenues by type of outlet: janitorial services, carpet and upholstery cleaning services, and other service providers
- FACTORS DRIVING DEMAND
- Household cleaning service spending
- Employment and personal income trends
- Nonresidential building construction spending
- STRUCTURE OF JANITORIAL SERVICE BUSINESS
- Number of janitorial services and revenues
- Revenues from residential, hospitality, medical and other markets, other service revenues, and product sales
- Total employees, hourly wages, and revenues per employee
- COMPETITVE ENVIRONMENT
- Number of janitorial services by type of competitor
- Share of U.S. revenues for the top service providers
- Number of service providers by region
- Leading competitor revenue trends
Catalina Research offers researchers an efficient and low-cost way to compile and analyze up-to-date pertinent industry information. First Look research can be conducted on a wide range of manufacturing, retail and service industries. The First Look program provides market researchers, industry analysts, and action-oriented executives a quick way to analyze and forecast industry sales and growth, a market’s cost structure and profitability, international trade activity, the competitive environment, end-use market purchases, and factors driving demand. A summary of major findings are included as part of each First Look.