Tobacco Insights 2016 –February
Excise taxes will not be levied on electronic cigarettes in Belgium, but sales of these products will be subject to the same age restrictions as apply to tobacco cigarettes, which mean no sales to those less than 16 years of age.
In January 2016, production of cigarettes in Canada increased by 19.9% over the figure recorded in December 2015. Compared with the previous year’s figure, output levels were also higher – by 1.3%.
India’s central government announced a 10-15% increase in excise duty on most tobacco products in the 2016-17 general budget, and by a higher rate on cigarettes, an increase designed to discourage increasing consumption.
Japan Tobacco pulled out of the Brazilian market in 2011, but re-entered in 2014. It has no factories in Brazil, so it operates with imported Camel, Winston and other cigarette brands. Currently JT holds less than 1% of the Brazilian market, compared with British American Tobacco’s nearly 80% share.
“Tobacco Insights”, is a monthly report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed information on the changing production and consumption patterns affected by the recent developments related to new law and regulation globally.
What else does this report offer?
Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise in the industry in order to offer data about the trends and dynamics affecting the Tobacco industry.
Recent activities of the manufacturers operating in the industry.
Detailed company profiles, highlighting key focus product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the brands.
Reasons To Buy
Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior to identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
Analyse the current and forecast market position of the brands to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- A Global Perspective
- Cigarette Consumption & Production
- Cigarette Consumption Trends, 2004-2014
- Cigarette Production Trends, 2003-2013
- Regional Cigarette Consumption, 2013
- Regional Cigarette Production, 2013
- Per Capita Consumption of Cigarettes by Country, 2004-2014
- Global News
- New Zealand
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
- Tobacco Products Directive – Part One
- Labelling and packaging
- Tobacco for oral use, cross-border distance sales and novel tobacco products
- Electronic cigarettes
- Final Provisions
- Annex I
- Company News
- 22nd Century
- Iranian Tobacco Company
- Imperial Brands
- Japan Tobacco
- Reynolds American
- Swedish Match
- Vector Group
- Global Population Trends
- About Canadean
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Global Cigarette Consumption, pieces (million), 2004-2014
- Table 2: Global Cigarette Production, pieces (million), 2003-2013
- Table 3: Regional Cigarette Consumption, 2013
- Table 4: Regional Cigarette Production, 2013
- Table 5: Per Capita Consumption of Cigarettes by Country, pieces, 2004-2014
- Table 6: Canada: Monthly Cigarette Production and Sales, 2010-2016
- Table 7: France: Monthly Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2010-2015
- Table 8: Germany: Sales of Tax Stamps, January 2014 & January 2015
- Table 9: India: Changes to Additional Excise Duty on Cigarettes in 2016/2017 Budget
- Table 10: India: Changes to Basic Excise Duty on Other Tobacco Products in 2016/2017 Budget
- Table 11: India: Changes to Basic Excise Duty on Other Tobacco Products in 2016/2017 Budget
- Table 12: Japan: JT Monthly Cigarette Sales, Fiscal 2013-2016
- Table 13: Spain: Monthly Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2010-2016
- Table 14: Spain: Monthly Brand Shares, January 2015 & 2016
- Table 15: UK: Tobacco Quantities Released for Consumption, 2010-2015
- Table 16: USA: Monthly Tobacco Consumption & Output Trends, 2014 & 2015
- Table 17: Imperial Brands Fourth Quarter Results, 2014 & 2015
- Table 18: PMI Cigarette Shipment Volume by Region, 2014 & 2015
- Table 19: Vector Group: Revenue by Segment, 2014 & 2015
- Table 20: Global Population Trends, 2000-2014
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Imports as % of Consumption, 2013
- Figure 2: Exports as % of Production, 2013