- Report Scope
- Country Context
- Macroeconomic indicators –GDP Per Capita, Population, Consumer Price Index and Age Profile
- Retail and foodservice figures –Key Takeaways
- Market Overview
- Value and volume analysis for Singapore'sPrepared Mealsmarket
- Impact of exchange rate fluctuations on Singapore's Prepared Meals market
- Degree of trade up/down in Singapore'sPrepared Mealsmarket
- Volume analysis by category
- Market value and growth rates, by category
- Historic and forecast value analysis by category
- Winners and losers by categories with change in market share
- Segment share in a category (value terms) and change in market share
- Average category level pricing
- Retail Landscape and Key Distribution Channels
- Leading retailers in Singapore's Food market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) in Singapore's Prepared Meals market
- Leading distribution channels (value terms) by category
- Competitive Landscape
- Market share of leading brands (in value and volume terms) by category and segment
- Penetration of private label by category in Singapore's Prepared Meals market
- Private label growth (in value terms) compared to brands
- Prepared Meals market by type of packaging material/container (in volume terms)
- Prepared Meals market by type of packaging closure/outer (in volume terms)
- Prepared Meals market by type of packaging, forecast (in volume terms)
- Country context
- Category value and volume data
- Sector overview
- Segment data
- Packaging data
- Category definitions
- Segment definitions
- Channel definitions
- About Canadean
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Country Indicators –overall food value and volume, 2015
- Table 2: Market value analysis in SGD and US$, 2010-2020
- Table 3: Market volume growth analysis, 2010-2020
- Table 4: Exchange rate fluctuations: US$ to SGD
- Table 5: Market volume growth, by category, 2015-2020
- Table 6: Segment level analysis by category, 2015
- Table 7: Average price per kg comparison by categories
- Table 8: Leading retailers
- Table 9: Leading brands by segments, 2015
- Table 10: Leading brands by category, 2015
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Macro economic analysis: GDP per capita, Population, CPI (2010-2015), Age Profile (2015)
- Figure 2: Foodservice transactions by sectors, profit and cost, 2015
- Figure 3: Market volume analysis, 2010-2020
- Figure 4: Consumers purchase behavior -Trading up/down, 2015
- Figure 5: Market volume share analysis by category, 2015
- Figure 6: Market value growth analysis by category, 2010-2020
- Figure 7: Historic and forecast value analysis by category, 2010-2020
- Figure 8: Change in market share by category, 2015-2020
- Figure 9: Leading distribution channels, overall Food, 2012-2015
- Figure 10: Leading distribution channels, overall Prepared Meals market, 2015
- Figure 11: Leading distribution channels by category, 2015
- Figure 12: Brand share analysis by category (by value and volume), 2015
- Figure 13: Private label penetration by category, 2015
- Figure 14: Private label and brand share growth, 2012-2015
- Figure 15: Packaging analysis –key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015
- Figure 16:Growth in key packaging material, container, closure and outer type, 2015-2020
Consumer and Market Insights: Prepared Meals in Singapore
The Prepared Meals market in Singapore is forecast to grow in both value and volume terms owing to rise in disposable income of consumers. The market is being led by the Ready Meals category while the Pizza category is forecast to register the fastest value growth during 2015-2020. Hypermarkets & Supermarkets account for the highest share for distribution of Prepared Meals in the country. Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in the market.
The Ready Meals category has the highest volume share in the overall Prepared Meals market in Singapore.
The Pizza category is forecast to register fastest value growth among all categories during 2015-2020.
The Dried Ready Meals segment is expected to gain market share within the Ready Meals category.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets is the leading distribution channel in Singapore's Prepared Meals market.
Pizza category has the highest private label penetration in Singapore's Prepared Meals market.
Rigid Plastics is the most commonly used packaging material in Singapore's Prepared Meals market.
Canadean’s Consumer and Market Insights report on the Prepared Meals market in Singapore provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, types and closures category level distribution data and brands market shares.
What else is contained?
Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2010-2020
Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Meal Kits, Pizza, and Ready Meals with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2015-2020
Leading players: Market share of brands brands.
Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists and others in 2015
Packaging data: consumption breakdown for packaging materials and containers in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Packaging material data for Rigid Plastics, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; container data for: Tub, Tray, Bag/Sachet, Pouch and others
Reasons To Buy
Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning