Cigars & Cigarillos in Belgium and Luxembourg, 2015
Cigar and cigarillo consumption in Belgium and Luxembourg is in steady decline, with per capita consumption contracting by over a third over 2005-2015, and expected to decline further over the next decade. The UEBL Cigars & Cigarillos market is dominated by cigarillos. For both exports and imports, significant trade takes place in part-finished cigars and cigarillos between subsidiary companies based in Belgium, the Netherlands, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka, as well as the Caribbean and Central America.
Overall, the total Cigars & Cigarillos market contracted by a third by volume over 2005-2015.
Both the Luxembourg and Belgium Cigars & Cigarillo markets are led by Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG).
Luxembourg has the lowest Cigars & Cigarillos VAT in Europe
The Netherlands and France are major export destinations, accounting for over 80% of export volumes
“Cigars & Cigarillos in Belgium and Luxembourg”, is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Belgium’s and Luxembourg’s markets.
What else does this report offer?
Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2014 to 2024.
Reasons To Buy
Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change – favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of Belgium’s and Luxembourg’s markets is key to ensuring maximum future sales.
The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
- Executive summary
- Market context
- Tobacco products market, Tonnes, %, 2005 & 2015
- Tobacco products market, Tonnes, 2005-2015
- Market size and structure
- Cigars & Cigarillos Consumption, Million Pieces, 2005-2015
- Cigars & Cigarillos: Sales by Country, Million Pieces, 2006-2015
- Per Capita Consumption, Grams Per Year, 2005-2015
- Cigars & Cigarillos: Market Segmentation, 2005-2015
- Total & Per Capita Consumption of Cigarillos, 2005-2015
- Total & Per Capita Consumption of Cigars, 2005-2015
- Cigar & Cigarillo Sales by Pack Size, 2010
- Production and trade
- Production of Cigars & Cigarillos, 2004-2014
- UEBL: Imports of Cigars & Cigarillos, Tonnes, 2004-2014
- Belgium: Imports by Country of Origin, Top Countries, Million of Pieces %, 2014
- Belgium: Imports by value by Country of Origin, Top Countries, %, 2014
- Belgium: Imports by Country of Origin, Million of Pieces , 2007-2014
- Belgium: Imports by Country of Origin, Value (€ 000), 2007-2014
- Luxembourg: Imports by Country of Origin, ‘000 of Pieces Top Countries, %, 2014
- Luxembourg: Imports by value by Country of Origin, Top Countries, %, 2014
- Luxembourg: Cigar Imports by Country of Origin, '000 Pieces, 2007-2014
- Luxembourg: Cigar Imports by Country of Origin, Value (€000), 2007-2014
- Belgium: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, Top Countries, %, 2014
- Belgium: Exports by value by Country of Destination, Top Countries, %, 2014
- Belgium: Exports of Cigars & Cigarillos, Million Pieces, 2007-2014
- Belgium: Exports of Cigars & Cigarillos, €000, 2007-2014
- Taxation and retail price
- Taxation Rates on Cigars & Cigarillos, Belgium, 1980-2015
- EU: Cigars & Cigarillos, Tax Incidence Comparison, 2014
- Agio: Retail Price List, August 2015
- Scandinavian Tobacco Group: Retail Price List, August 2015
- CubacigarBenelux: Retail Prices, January 2015
- NotebaertProductie, Retail Prices, July 2015
- J Cortès: Retail Prices List, July, 2014
- Balmoral & De Huifkar: RetailPrices, 2015
- Manufacturers and brands
- UEBL: Manufacturer Shares, 2014
- Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares (Belgium), % Volume, 2010-2014
- Cigarillos: Manufacturer /Distributor Shares (Belgium), % Volume, 2011-2013
- Cigars: Manufacturer /Distributor Shares (Belgium), % Volume 2011-2013
- Cigars & Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares, Luxembourg, % Volume, 2013 & 2014
- Cigarillos: Manufacturer Shares, Luxembourg, % Volume, 2012-2014
- Cigars: Manufacturer Shares, Luxembourg, % Volume, 2013 & 2014
- Company profiles
- The smoking population
- Adult Smoking Prevalence, Total and by Gender, %, 2004-2012
- Smoking Population by Age, Daily & Occasional, (%) 2005-2011
- Belgium: Regional Variations in Smoking, % Regular Smokers, 2005-2011
- Belgium: Cigarette Smoking Prevalence by Level of Urbanization, % Population Group, 2011
- Operating constraints
- Operating constraints
- Advertising restrictions
- Labelling requirements
- Other restrictions
- Retail Structure
- Prospects and forecasts
- Cigars & Cigarillos Consumption, Million Pieces, 2014-2024
- Per Capita Consumption, Pieces Per Year, 2014-2024
- Additional data tables
- Summary methodology
- About Canadean