Cigarettes in Taiwan
Taiwan has a sizeable cigarette market because of its wealthy population and economic growth, which have boosted cigarette consumption in recent decades. However, as the cigarette market is closely linked to the wider economy, it has periodically suffered from recessions, which had a negative effect. However, since 2014 the market has been relatively stable with more sustainable tobacco consumption due to measures limiting contraband and solid economic growth.
Per capita consumption stood at 1,535 pieces per year in 2015, a 0.9% decline on 2014.
Non-duty paid cigarettes only accounted for 5% of the market in 2014 after strong government action.
Cigarette imports have tripled since 1990 from five billion piecies to 14.9 billion pieces in 2014.
As of 2015, 16.8% of the Taiwanese population are smokers.
Cigarettes in Taiwan is an analytical report provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Taiwanese market. It covers market size and structure, along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, and prospects and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
Reasons To Buy
Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities that will aid effective marketing planning. The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers. Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in future.
- 1 Overview
- 2 Market Size
- 3 Market Structure
- 4 Manufacturers& Brands
- 5 Taxation& Retail Prices
- 5.1. Taxation
- 5.2. RetailPrices
- 6 The SmokingPopulation
- 7 Production& Trade
- 7.1. Production
- 7.2. Imports
- 7.3. Exports
- 8 Operating Constraints
- 8.1. Advertising Restrictions
- 8.2. Health Warnings
- 8.3. Other Restrictions
- 9 Company Profiles
- 10 Prospects& Forecasts
- 11 Appendix
- 11.1. What is this Report About?
- 11.2. Time Frame
- 11.3. Product Category Coverage
- 11.4. Methodology
- 11.5. Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, 1990–2015
- Table 2: Duty Paid & Non-Duty Paid Sales, 2008-2014, Million Pieces
- Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2015
- Table 4: Market Breakdown, Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
- Table 5: Market Breakdown, Domestic v Imported Products, 2000-2014, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 6: Market Segmentation by Price Segment, 2009-2014, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2015, Million Pieces
- Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Market Share, 2000-2015, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 9: Brand Family Shares, 2002-2014, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 10: Smoking Population, 1990-2015
- Table 11: Smoking Population by Age, 1996 & 1998, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 12: Incidence of Smoking by Age & Sex, 2006, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 13: Number of Cigarettes Smoked Per Day, 2004-2007, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 14: Characteristics of the Smoking Population, 2000-2003, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 15: Smoking Amongst Junior High School Students, 2004-2013, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 16: Smoking Amongst Senior & Vocational High School Students, 2005-2013, % (Percentage Share)
- Table 17: Cigarette Production, 1990-2014
- Table 18: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2014
- Table 19: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
- Table 20: Cigarette Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2014, % Breakdown
- Table 21: Cigarette Exports, Volume, 1990-2014
- Table 22: Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
- Table 23: Exports by Country of Destination, 2000-2014, Million Pieces
- Table 24: Company profile: Taiwan Tobacco & Liquor Corporation (TTLC)
- Table 25: Company profile: Imperial Tobacco Taiwan Co Ltd
- Table 26: Consumption Forecasts to 2025
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Methodology