Baby Food in Venezuela
The baby food market in Venezuela was on an upward curve till late 2012. The poor economic situation from 2013, coupled with a difficult regulatory and foreign exchange environment, has led to product shortages and massive price inflation, culminating in late 2015/2016 in an almost total lack of baby milks and wet meals, and a residual market made up only of baby cereals. The milks sector was the largest part of the market up to 2013 in terms of value, accounting for 46.5% of sales; however, it was much smaller, accounting for only 18.9% of sales in volume terms. Without the changes in the current government policies, it is difficult to see a baby food market re-emerging in the near future.
There is significant domestic production of baby food in Venezuela, with strong local output of cereals and meals.
Compared to other sectors, the cereals sector has fared better than the other sectors, as the price of some products, particularly the popular rice cream, has traditionally been low.
Volume imports of baby food fell heavily in 2015 when compared with 2014.
Exports of milks & cereals have remained low throughout the period 2009-2015 and since 2011 have been negligible.
All companies involved in the Venezuelan baby food market have suffered downturns and losses over the last year or two.
“Baby Food in Venezuela” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Venezuela market.
What else does this report offer?
Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features & developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers & brands.
Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
Evaluate important changes in consumer behavior and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
Analyze current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
- Executive summary
- Background to the Market
- Birth and population trends
- Births – Birth Rates by Region
- The consumer
- Regulatory Issues
- Socio-Demographic Trends
- Working Women
- Breastfeeding Trends
- Market Overview
- Key features and developments
- Market Overview
- Manufacturer shares
- Sector Analysis
- Baby milks
- Baby cereals
- Baby meals
- Production and trade
- Company profiles
- Nestlé Venezuela SA
- Alimentos Heinz SA
- Other manufacturers
- Retail structure
- Baby Food Retailing
- Economic background
- Economic background
- Key macro-economic forecasts
- Prospects and forecasts
- Birth and population projections
- Future trends
- Additional data tables
- Summary methodology
- About Canadean
- List of Tables
- Table 1: Birth & Population Trends, 2005-2015
- Table 2: Crude Birth Rates by Region, 2005-2012
- Table 3: Household Poverty Trends, 2009-2013
- Table 4: Levels of Poverty & Extreme Poverty, 1998, 2014 and 2015
- Table 5: Socio-Economic Structure & Income, 2006 & 2012
- Table 6: Marriage & Divorce Trends, 2008–2012
- Table 7: Number of Women of Childbearing Age by Age Group, 2010 & 2015
- Table 8: Female Employment Trends, 2009-2016
- Table 9: Breastfeeding Rates, 2006-2008
- Table 10: Market Size, 2015, & Growth Rates, 2009–2015
- Table 11: Baby Food: Manufacturer Share Trends, 2009–2015
- Table 12: Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares by Sector, %, 2015
- Table 13: Baby Milks: Sector Segmentation, % Volume, 2009-2013
- Table 14: Baby Milks: Manufacturer Shares, Value & Volume, %, 2009–2015
- Table 15: Baby Cereals: Segmentation by Type, Volume, 2009–2015
- Table 16: Retail Prices of Cereals, June 2016
- Table 17: Comparative Prices, June 2014 and February 2016
- Table 18: Baby Cereals: Manufacturer Shares, Value, 2009-2015
- Table 19: Baby Meals: Manufacturer Shares, Value, 2009-2013
- Table 20: Packaged Food Sales by Channel, Bs Million, 2009–2015
- Table 21: Baby Food: Sales by Outlet Type, 2009-2013
- Table 22: Baby Food: Sales by Outlet Type & Sector, 2013
- Table 23: Venezuela, Economic Indicators, 2009–2016
- Table 24: Key Macro-Economic Forecasts, 2015–2021
- Table 25: Birth & Population Projections, 2009–2021
- Table 26: The Baby Population, 2009-2021, '000 Babies
- Table 27: Number of Women of Childbearing Age by Age Group, 2015 & 2020
- Table 28: Baby Food: Market Value, Current Prices, 2009–2015
- Table 29: Baby Food: Market Value, Constant Prices, 2009–2015
- Table 30: Baby Food: Market Value, US$ Million, 2009–2015
- Table 31: Baby Food: Market Volume, Tons, 2009–2015
- Table 32: Baby Food: Per Capita Expenditure, Current Prices, 2009–2015
- Table 33: Baby Food: Per Capita Expenditure, Constant Prices, 2009–2015
- Table 34: Baby Food: Per Capita Expenditure, US Dollars, 2009–2015
- Table 35: Baby Food: Per Capita Consumption, Grams, 2009–2015
- Table 36: Baby Cereals: Sector Trends, 2009–2015
- Table 37: Baby Meals: Sector Trends, 2009–2015
- Table 38: Imports of Baby Milks & Cereals, 2009-2015
- Table 39: Imports of Baby Milks & Cereals by Country of Origin, %, 2013-2015
- Table 40: Imports of Other Baby Food, 2009-2015
- Table 41: Exports of Baby Milks & Cereals, 2008-2011
- Table 42: Exports of Other Baby Food, 2008-2011
- Table 43: Facings Allocation by Product Type, 2016
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: Baby Food: Market Size, 2009-2015
- Figure 2: Baby Food: Market Segmentation, 2015
- Figure 3: Baby Food: Per Capita, 2009-2015
- Figure 4: Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares, Value %, 2015
- Figure 5: Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares by Sector, % Value, 2015
- Figure 6: Baby Milks: Sector Trends, 2009-2015
- Figure 7: Baby Milks: Per Capita Expenditure & Consumption, 2009-2015
- Figure 8: Baby Cereals: Sector Trends, 2009-2015
- Figure 9: Baby Cereals: Per Capita Expenditure & Consumption, 2009-2015
- Figure 10: Baby Meals: Sector Trends, 2009-2015
- Figure 11: Baby Meals: Per Capita Expenditure & Consumption, 2009-2015
- Figure 12: Milks & Cereals: Country of Origin, Top Three, % Volume, 2015
- Figure 13: Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares, Value %, 2015
- Figure 14: Baby Food: Manufacturer Shares, Volume %, 2015