Magnesium Sulphate China Report 2018-Market Research of Magnesium Sulphate in China
Magnesium sulphate is an important inorganic chemical raw material, mainly applied in secondary industry, agriculture, food and medicine. So far, according to its downstream application areas, there are five major effective national standards of magnesium sulphate in China, namely HG/T 2680-2017, GB/T 26568-2011, GB 29207-2012, GB 32449-2015 and Chinese Pharmacopoeia (2015 version) (pharmaceutical grade MgSO4·7H2O).
In 2017, China's output of magnesium sulphate exceeded 1.5 million tonnes, 47% of which was consumed domestically and the remaining 53% was for export. For domestic market, most of the magnesium sulphate consumed in China was industrial grade, accounted for 95% of the total. East China ranked first in the consumption of magnesium sulphate of various specifications in 2017, followed by South China and Central China.
In 2017, the price of magnesium sulphate in China rose slightly as a whole, mainly due to the tightening environmental protection regulations and increasing labor cost. Different grades of magnesium sulphate vary greatly in price, for example, the average price of industrial grade I MgSO4·7H2O (first-rate, 99%) stood at USD54/t in 2017, while that of food grade MgSO4·7H2O (99%) reached USD119/t.
There are mainly two methods for the preparation of magnesium sulphate in China, namely sulphuric acid reaction method and salt lake brine method. Sulphuric acid reaction method is mostly adopted in the production of magnesium sulphate, as the products obtained through this method are of higher quality, which are widely applied in industrial use, feed and food industries.
Production costs of magnesium sulphate through sulphuric acid reaction method can be broken down into equipment capital, running capital, staff pay, production cost, and waste treatment costs. In 2017, the annual average cost of operating a 30,000 t/a production magnesium sulphate line ranged from USD4,332,511 to USD8,858,011 varied by product grades.
The report is based on data sourced by diverse methods. The data collected and compiled was variously sourced from telephone interviews, published magazines, journals, government statistics and CCM’s database, etc. Data obtained from various sources have been combined and cross-checked to ensure that this report is as accurate and methodologically sound as possible
Scope of the report
Region scope: China
Time scope: 2017
On the basis of industrial segments: magnesium sulphate standards, consumption, price, production technology, and production cost.
On the basis of magnesium sulphate specifications: Industrial grade I, Industrial grade II, Agricultural use, Food grade, Feed grade and Pharmaceutical grade
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook