Organ-on-Chip Global Market 2010-2020Including: Lung-on-chip, Heart-on-chip, Liver-on-chip, Intestine-on-chip, Kidney-on-chip andHuman-on-chip, Human disease and tissue models, MicrofluidicsHistoric and Forecast 2010 – 2020Covering: North America, Europe,
Organ-on-Chip Global Market 2010-2020Including: Lung-on-chip, Heart-on-chip, Liver-on-chip, Intestine-on-chip, Kidney-on-chip andHuman-on-chip, Human disease and tissue models, MicrofluidicsHistoric and Forecast 2010 – 2020Covering: North America, Europe, Table of Contents
Global Organ-on-Chip Market – Market Characteristics And Trends
Organ-on-Chip Market Penetration
Five Force Analysis
Manufacturers Tie Up With End-users To Design Tailor-made Products
Investment In Integration Of Individual Organ-on-Chips Into Human-on-Chip
Strong Focus On Development of Custom Organ-on-Chips
Manufacturers Work On Disease Models To Expedite Drug Testing
Global Organ-on-Chip Market – Market Size Analysis
Global Market For Organ-on-Chips
Global Market For Organ-on-Chips (Historic 2010-2015)
Global Market For Organ-on-Chips (Forecast 2015-2020)
Global Organ-on-Chip Market Segmentation By Organ Type
Global Organ-on-Chip Market Segmentation By Geography
Rest of World (ROW)
Global Organ-on-Chip Market – Market Drivers And Restraints
Government Funding Drives The Market For Organ-on-Chips
Improved Drug Screening With Organ-on-Chips Will Drive Its Demand
Decrease In Drug Testing Costs Using Organ-on-Chips Will Drive Its Demand
Complex Manufacturing Techniques Are A Restraint On Organ-on-Chip Market Growth
Requirement For Specialized Equipment Will Be A Challenge For The Organ-on-Chip Market
Regulatory Hurdles For Drug Approvals
Global Organ-on-Chip Market – Funding Landscape
Funding Landscape – USA
Funding Landscape – Europe
Funding Landscape – ROW
Global Organ-on-Chip Market – Competitive Landscape
Key Competitor Analysis
Key Players in The OOC Market
CN Bio Innovations
AxoSim Techologies LLC
Global Organ-on-Chip Market – Business Model
Commercial Industries/End Users
Global Organ-on-Chip Market – Customer Analysis
Organ-on-Chip Global Market 2010-2020Including: Lung-on-chip, Heart-on-chip, Liver-on-chip, Intestine-on-chip, Kidney-on-chip andHuman-on-chip, Human disease and tissue models, MicrofluidicsHistoric and Forecast 2010 – 2020Covering: North America, Europe, Description
An organ-on-chip (OOCs) are microfluidic 3D cell culture devices that closely mimic the key physiological functions of body organs. These chips are usually transparent, flexible and about the size of a computer memory stick. An OOC is also referred to as a biomimetic microsystem or 3D microphysiologic platform.
OOCs are one of the most exciting multidisciplinary areas of scientific research. They have the distinguishing characteristic of emulating the human micro environment in vitro, which is not possible by any other conventional in-vitro techniques. This unique feature of an OOC is the result of integrating biology with technology.
Scientific advances in cell biology, microfabrication and microfluidics have led to the development of OOCs. They are tiny chip-like structures with specific embedded cells. The combination of chip and cells in the presence of suitable conditions mimic the key functions of an organ in miniature formats outside the body.
Scope of the Report – This report covers OOCs manufactured by university spinoffs. It includes both the organ models which are designed on typical chip-like structures and the organ models which are designed on microfluidic micrometric plates.
Sections – The report contains nine sections: Introduction, product analysis, market characteristics and trends, market size, market drivers and restraints, funding landscape, competitor landscape, business model, customer analysis.
1. Introduction – This section gives a general overview of OOCs which signifies their importance especially in the pharmaceutical industry.
2. Product Analysis – This section gives an overview on the basic structure of an OOC and information on various techniques used for manufacturing these chips. Details about various organ specific models are also provided.
3. Market Characteristics and Trends – This section covers the OOC market description at an overall level and trends that are shaping this industry.
4. Market Drivers and Restraints – In this section analysis of the major factors that are driving the revenues of OOC and key limitations suppressing its market growth is discussed.
5. Market Size Analysis – In this section we examine the global market size for OOC, both historic and forecast, followed by a regional split. Detailed information on the market size of OOC in the USA is provided, along with organ-level and end-user segmentation.
6. Funding Landscape – This section covers information on the funds granted by government institutes or other organizations to either universities or companies for research and development of OOC devices.
7. Competitive Landscape: This section considers key competitors in the OOC market along with the level of competition amongst them. Company profiles of key competitors and potential future players are provided, followed by information on average pricing of OOCs.
8. Business Model: This section describes the business model of a typical OOC company.
9. Customer Analysis: This section outlines the view of OOCs taken by current and potential end users, especially within the pharmaceutical industry. This is followed by information on current unmet needs in the OOC market.