Uganda Autos Report Q2 2016
BMI View: Commercial vehicle sales will grow 6.6% in 2016 outperforming passenger vehicle salesgrowth due to Uganda's infrastructure expansion driven economy. Although private consumption willcontinue to drive passenger vehicle registrations, imported used vehicles will continue to negatively affectnew vehicle registrations.
Total new vehicle sales are forecast to grow 5.5% in 2016.
Commercial vehicle sales forecast are to grow 6.6% in 2016.
Passenger car sales are forecast to remain subdued, and are set to grow by only 0.5% in 2016.
Imported used cars forecast will remain a hindrance to new vehicle sales in 2016.
- BMI Industry View
- Key Views
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Autos Total Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Uganda 2014-2020)
- Latest Developments
- Table: Latest Developments
- Structural Trends
- Total Vehicle Sales Market
- Used Vehicle Imports Sapping Passenger Vehicle Sales
- Table: Passenger Vehicle Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Uganda 2016-2020)
- Ambitious Infrastructure Programme Paves The Way For Commercial Vehicles
- Table: Commercial Vehicle Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Uganda 2016-2020)
- Motorcycles Remain A Popular Choice
- Table: Motorcycle Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Uganda 2016-2020)
- Competitive Landscape
- Commercial Vehicles Dominating
- Regulatory Environment And Underdeveloped Infrastructure Threaten Bus Opportunities
- Industry Risk/Reward Index
- Investor Sentiment Still Well Reflected
- Rewards For The Brave
- South Africa Hard To Beat
- Regional Overview
- Table: Sub-Saharan Africa Autos Production Investment
- APDP Reaping Rewards
- Local Supply Chain Developing
- Demographic Forecast
- Table: Population Headline Indicators (Uganda 1990-2025)
- Table: Key Population Ratios (Uganda 1990-2025)
- Table: Urban/Rural Population & Life Expectancy (Uganda 1990-2025)
- Table: Population By Age Group (Uganda 1990-2025)
- Table: Population By Age Group % (Uganda 1990-2025)
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators