South Korea Autos Report Q2 2016
BMI View: Headwinds, in both the domestic and global economy, will continue to drag on total vehiclesales in 2016 with passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles forecast to grow 1.5% and 2.4%respectively. This in turn will constrain total vehicle sales which will grow 1.6% in 2016 and at an annualaverage of 2.5% to 2020.
Low interest rates will make access to vehicle finance cheaper and will support total vehicle sales.
Imported foreign vehicles will remain cheap due to the strength of the South Korean won.
The won relative to the Japanese yen will increase the price of South Korean vehicles in its exportmarkets.
Slowdown in China will drag on exports and total vehicle sales.
- BMI Industry View
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Autos Total Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (South Korea 2014-2020)
- Structural Trends
- New Energy Vehicles
- Passenger Vehicles
- Table: Passenger Car Market - Historical Data And Forecasts - (South Korea 2014-2020)
- Key Players
- Table: Top 10 Passenger Vehicle Sales By Brand, 2015
- Commercial Vehicles
- Table: Commercial Vehicle Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (South Korea 2014-2020)
- Industry Risk/Reward Index
- South East Asia Shines
- 'Make In India' Supports Ranking
- Vietnam Still Most Likely Frontier Mover
- Company Profile
- Hyundai Motor
- Kia Motors
- Renault Samsung Motors
- Ssangyong Motor
- Regional Overview
- Table: Asia Autos Production Investment
- Incentives Powering Chinese Investment
- Making In India Is Increasing Localised
- Demographic Forecast
- Demographic Outlook
- Table: Population Headline Indicators (South Korea 1990-2025)
- Table: Key Population Ratios (South Korea 1990-2025)
- Table: Urban/Rural Population & Life Expectancy (South Korea 1990-2025)
- Table: Population By Age Group (South Korea 1990-2025)
- Table: Population By Age Group % (South Korea 1990-2025)
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators