Mozambique Autos Report Q2 2016
BMI View: A weak currency coupled with interest rate hikes will weigh on consumer sentiment and lead toa contraction in passenger vehicle sales in 2016.
Sales of passenger vehicles will contract by 5.2% y-o-y in 2016.
We expect modest growth of 2.0% in the vehicle market overall in 2016.
Interest rate hikes will temper credit growth and consumer loan demand.
A weak currency will put upward pressure on vehicle prices.
- BMI Industry View
- Key Views
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Autos Total Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Mozambique 2014-2020)
- Latest Developments
- Table: Latest developments
- Structural Trends
- Industry Risk/Reward Index
- Investor Sentiment Still Well Reflected
- Rewards For The Brave
- South Africa Hard To Beat
- Regional Overview
- Table: Sub-Saharan Africa Autos Production Investment
- APDP Reaping Rewards
- Local Supply Chain Developing
- Demographic Forecast
- Table: Population Headline Indicators (Mozambique 1990-2025)
- Table: Key Population Ratios (Mozambique 1990-2025)
- Table: Urban/Rural Population & Life Expectancy (Mozambique 1990-2025)
- Table: Population By Age Group (Mozambique 1990-2025)
- Table: Population By Age Group % (Mozambique 1990-2025)
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators