Iraq Autos Report Q2 2016
BMI View: Low base effects will be the key driver of total vehicle sales in Iraq as the ongoing securityinstability continues to dampen private consumption levels resulting in a 2.4% increase in total sales in2016.
We expect a return to positive sales growth in 2016, although this will be a relatively small increase of2.4%.
It will be 2017 before we see any meaningful acceleration of growth to 5.2%, by which time our CountryRisk team forecasts private final consumption growth to be back at 3.0%.
The companies that are best placed to weather the storm are Iranian carmakers, such as IKCO andSAIPA, which have the benefit of close proximity to the market without border issues.
- BMI Industry View
- Key Views
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Autos Total Market Historical Data And Forecasts (Iraq 20142020)
- Latest Developments
- Table: Latest Developments
- Structural Trends
- Iranian Advantage
- Security Instability Siphoning Potential For Commercial Vehicles
- Industry Risk/Reward Index
- GCC Stability Offsets Sales Downgrades
- LongTerm Potential Comes With Risk
- Iran The Most Attractive Outlier
- Company Profile
- GB Auto
- State Company For Auto Industry
- ZamZam Spring Group
- Regional Overview
- Table: Middle East And North African Autos Production Investments
- Iran Already Drawing A Crowd...
- North African Hub Expanding
- Demographic Forecast
- Table: Population Headline Indicators (Iraq 19902025)
- Table: Key Population Ratios (Iraq 19902025)
- Table: Urban/Rural Population & Life Expectancy (Iraq 19902025)
- Table: Population By Age Group (Iraq 19902025)
- Table: Population By Age Group % (Iraq 19902025)
- Industry Forecasts
- SectorSpecific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators