Colombia Petrochemicals Report 2016
BMI View: The Colombian petrochemicals industry reported an overall solid growth performance in 2015, although rubber output was hit by a contraction in sales that was partly caused by a decline in output in the automotive industry.
The refining sector is expanding with the potential for increased naphtha feedstock for petrochemicals, but this will be insufficient for any new cracker facility in the country.
The Colombian petrochemicals industry saw mixed results in 2015 with strong growth in basic chemicals and contraction in synthetic rubber.
In 9M15, the real production index for basic chemicals and their derivatives grew by an average of 6.9% y-o-y on the back of 6.9% growth in the sales index.
However, over the sale period the real production index for rubber slumped 10.2% y-o-y with the sales index declining 11.5%.
Plastics output soared 14.1% y-o-y as sales rose 4.4%.
- BMI Industry View
- Operational Risk
- Industry Forecast
- Table: Colombia's Petrochemicals Sector - Capacity, 2012-2020 ('000 tonnes per annum)
- Macroeconomic Forecasts
- Economic Analysis
- Table: First Wave Of 4G Projects
- Industry Risk Reward Ratings
- Americas Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Index
- Worsening market risk in Latin America
- Table: Americas Petrochemicals Risk/Rewards Ratings
- Colombia Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Index
- Market Overview
- Table: Colombia's Petrochemicals Facilities
- Industry Trends And Developments
- Company Profile
- Regional Overview
- Americas Overview
- Production Growth Concentrated in NAFTA
- Table: Planned Cracker Projects
- Global Industry Overview
- Europe - Brent On Board For A Bumpy Ride
- Demographic Forecast
- Table: Population Headline Indicators (Colombia 1990-2025)
- Table: Key Population Ratios (Colombia 1990-2025)
- Table: Urban/Rural Population & Life Expectancy (Colombia 1990-2025)
- Table: Population By Age Group (Colombia 1990-2025)
- Table: Population By Age Group % (Colombia 1990-2025)
- Table: Glossary Of Petrochemicals Terms
- Industry Forecast Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Petrochemicals Risk/Reward Index Indicators
- Table: Weighting Of Indicators