India Laundry Care Market (Detergent & Fabric Care) Outlook ( Trends & Forecast ), 2025
The report titled India Laundry Care Market By Value, By Segment ( Detergent & Fabric Care ), By Detergent Type ( Powder, Bar, Liquid ), By Organized Detergent ( Popular, Mid Range & Premium ) Vs Unorganised Detergent, By Fabric Care Type ( Whitener/ Blue, Conditioner/Softener ), By Company, By Brand ( Ghari, Surf, Wheel, Rin, Tide, Etc. ), By Sales Channel ( General Retail, Modern Retail, Online ), By Demographics ( Urban, Rural ), Outlook ( Trends & Forecast ), 2025 gives a synoptic analysis of the Laundry Care market of the Indian sub-continent. Globally, the laundry care is observed to be a chore but the Indians have a holistic approach to the laundry care. Laundry care has been observed with the efficiency of the home master or housewives. Hence, laundry care is among the most important of the household's daily activities. Traditionally, the Indians used various substitutes for washing clothes. A solution made by soaking and boiling reetha along with salts was a proven method to clean dirty clothes. Moreover, the white clothes were blued with natural indigo plant powder to remove the yellow haze. But with the swaying time, indigenous companies developed detergents and blue (traditionally called Neel) which proved to be the best for washing clothes.
The overall laundry care market consists of Detergent and fabric care products. Detergents are widely available with infused scents such as rose, jasmine, sandalwood, etc. with their types such as powder detergents, detergent bars, and liquid detergents. The detergent market is spread into organized and unorganized segments with demographics of rural and urban sales. The bar detergents are widely preferable in rural areas whereas the powder & liquid are targeted for urban markets. Ghari, the brand name of Rohit surfactants has the highest detergent market share followed by other brands such as Surf Excel, Ariel, Rin, etc.
The fabric care segment consists of fabric whiteners (blue/Neel) and fabric conditioners/softeners. Due to increasing awareness about hygiene and the safety of clothes, the fabric conditioner market is growing at a consistent stage. Moreover, advancements in products such as dryer sheets, woolen balls, multifunctional detergents have led the market to flourish with new products. The whitener brand Ujala by Jyothy laboratories is leading the market with the highest market share whereas, in the fabric conditioner division, the brand Ezee by Godrej accounts for the highest market share.
The Indian laundry care market is expected to reach up to INR 51278 crore by the year 2025. Laundry care products being a necessity, the demand for it will increase gradually. Moreover, the efforts of various brands to develop new and consistent products will attract people to buy more. Recently, Hindustan Unilever Limited launched a new detergent brand 'love & care' which will help to wash the sensitive fabric such as silk, chiffon, georgette. brocades etc. without harming them. This brand was launched after when HUL surveyed that a major proportion of Indians get their sensitive fabrics dry cleaned to their nearer laundry stores. Some conditioner brands such as Ezee have integrated their product which can be used for woolens as well as for normal clothes also. Furthermore, the Indian market is price-sensitive, the brands are trying to make products price efficient to attract maximum consumers.
Being a competitive landscape, laundry care brands are building communal relations targeting the regions. They promote their products by building faith in trials. The famous payoff line of Ghari detergent, Pehle istamaal karein fir vihwas karein, Nirma detergent sabki pasand Nirma, detergent brand Tide Kyun? chaunk Gaye? detergent brand Surf Excel's Daag ache hain and fabric conditioner brand Ezee kapde rakhe naye ke naye are the famous ones. The fabric whitener brand Ujala's tagline chaar boondon wala Ujala shows that the product is consistent enough on minimum consumption. All these efforts have helped the brands to build faith among the consumers.
The key players of the Indian laundry care market are Hindustan Unilever Limited, Rohit surfactants, Nirma, Procter & Gamble, Jyothy Laboratories, Reckitt Benckiser and several domestic and international companies.
Covered in the report:
• Global Laundry care market
• India Laundry care market
• India Detergent market
• India fabric care market
• Market trends & developments
• Key facts about the leading market players
How it will help to solve your strategic decision making process?
The report provides an in-depth knowledge of the India Laundry Care market scenario:
• Global laundry care market scenario (Historical & forecast)
• India laundry care market scenario (Historical & forecast)
• India laundry care market size (Historical & forecast)
• India laundry care market share ( by company, brand, category, demographics, sales channel)
• India detergent market scenario (Historical & forecast)
• India detergent market size (Historical & forecast- powder, bar & liquid detergent)
• India detergent market share (by region, product type, demographics & sales channel )
• India organized the detergent market scenario (Historical & forecast)
• India organized detergent market size (Historical & forecast- popular, mid-range & premium)
• India organized detergent market share (company, brand, subcategory)
• India unorganized detergent market
• India fabric care market scenario (Historical & forecast)
• India fabric care market size (Historical & forecast)
• India fabric care market share (by company, segment, brand, demographics & sales channel)
• India fabric whitener/blue market scenario(Historical & forecast)
• India fabric whitener/blue market size (Historical & forecast)
• India fabric whitener/blue market share ( by brand, demographic area, sales channel)
• India fabric conditioner/softener market scenario (Historical & forecast)
• India fabric conditioner/softener market size (Historical & forecast)
• India fabric conditioner/softener market share (by brand, demographic area, sales channel)
• Product price variant analysis
• Recent developments & innovations
• Description of Raw materials & manufacturing processes
• Strategic recommendations
• company profiles of leading companies
This report can be useful to Industry consultants, manufacturers and other stakeholders to align their market-centric strategies. In addition to marketing & presentations, it will also increase competitive knowledge about the industry.
The information contained in this report is based on both primary and secondary research. Primary research included interviews with various channel partners of the Laundry Care market. Secondary research included an exhaustive search of relevant publications like company annual reports, financial reports, and proprietary databases.
Please get in touch with our sales team to find out more.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook